child account management

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
wallaced

child account management

Post by wallaced »

When we created a child account, we fat-fingered his userid. I can't see where to correct the userID, only the password. I didn't find anything about the process in the user forum....any suggestions? Thanks!
Biggles

Re: child account management

Post by Biggles »

Under My Account, this assumes you can access his account, go to Account Settings and the first option is Personal Information. There you can change/correct his Username.
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by cstaber »

If one of the child's parents are members and they sign in to their account settings page (https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org), they should see a Children Accounts menu option where they can manage all of their childrens' accounts.
wallaced

Post by wallaced »

I can manage his password and recovery options.....I can't seem to change his userid, though.
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by cstaber »

On that screen, you should be able to see his username and change his password if he doesn't know it. If he then signs in to his account settings using the username shown, he should be able to change his own username.
wallaced

Post by wallaced »

Yall are a great resource. I was able to log into his account with the misspelled userID, and make the change. Thanks!
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by cstaber »

Thanks for bringing this up! Because you asked and thought of it, we'll be adding the ability for parents to change their children's accounts usernames on that same page in the next release! :)
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by cstaber »

This feature is now available! If you sign in to your account and navigate to the Children Accounts page, you'll see a new button for each child that has an account: "Change Username" :)
ovesonmargaretm1

Post by ovesonmargaretm1 »

How old does a child need to be to pay tithing online?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ovesonmargaretm1 wrote:How old does a child need to be to pay tithing online?
From Online Donations - Answers to General Questions:
What is the minimum age required to make online donations?

You must be 13 or older to use the system
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”