Page 1 of 1

Changed email address does not save ...

Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:16 pm
by johnsonrc
In my account settings, I change the email address to one I just created. Clicking on the save button brings up an error message "A user with this account information already exists. If you need help recovering your account, please visit our Help Page.". Attempts with different email address produces the same error message. Why can't I update my account email contact address?

Re: Changed email address does not save ...

Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 pm
by Nannabrons
Hi My Name is Nancy Brons
I changed my password and user name recently, but I now can't see any of my donation history for previous years.
I can't remember my previous user name or password, so I created new ones.
What have I done wrong?

Re: Changed email address does not save ...

Posted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:14 pm
by russellhltn
Nannabrons wrote:I can't remember my previous user name or password, so I created new ones.
What have I done wrong?

New account - no history. The system has no way of knowing the new you is the same as the old you.

I'd suggest asking your ward clerk for the phone number of the Global Service Desk and call them about having your accounts merged.

Re: Changed email address does not save ...

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:29 am
by cstaber
johnsonrc wrote:In my account settings, I change the email address to one I just created. Clicking on the save button brings up an error message "A user with this account information already exists. If you need help recovering your account, please visit our Help Page.". Attempts with different email address produces the same error message. Why can't I update my account email contact address?


Can you try again? There was a bug in the last release that affected a few people which prevented them from being able to change their contact information. We *think* we have it fixed now! :)

Re: Changed email address does not save ...

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:34 am
by cstaber
Nannabrons wrote:I can't remember my previous user name or password, so I created new ones.
What have I done wrong?


You can also visit https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/recovery and try entering your Email, Phone, or Church Membership Information. Each one will search and show you a list of all accounts that are tied to each of those. The Church Membership one should return the account that your church membership information is actually tied to. As you continue in the recovery process, the full username will be sent to you. If you need to change the password of an account, just complete the recovery process.

Re: Changed email address does not save ...

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:01 am
by russellhltn
cstaber wrote:As you continue in the recovery process, the full username will be sent to you. If you need to change the password of an account, just complete the recovery process.

Excellent advice, but I notice that Nannabrons specifically mentioned donation history. I think there's a high probably this member now has donations from multiple accounts and would want to merge them.

Re: Changed email address does not save ...

Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:42 pm
by lajackson
russellhltn wrote:I notice that Nannabrons specifically mentioned donation history. I think there's a high probably this member now has donations from multiple accounts and would want to merge them.

That will require the assistance of the Global Services Department.