Amazon Echo - General Conference Audio Library?

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
jonellhansen

Re: Amazon Echo - General Conference Audio Library?

Post by jonellhansen »

My mom is going blind and we bought her the echo so she could ask the time and so forth. We also have it set up to turn on lights. It would be more than awesome if she could ask it to read the book of mormon or conference talks or music from gospel library etc!
bencannon

Post by bencannon »

There is a way to get Alexa to play general conference (etc.) that I don't think was already mentioned. You can upload audio files to the "My Music" section of Amazon Music. This can be done with the Amazon Music app (I am using a Mac, but I suspect the process is similar on a PC). After the file has been uploaded, you should be able to tell Alexa to play the file by its title. If you have trouble with it recognizing the name (I had trouble with "1 Nephi 02 (male voice)", just make a playlist with an easy to say name and ask Alexa to play the playlist. I only just tried this out, so I am just sharing what I've learned today.

Note that Amazon limits uploads to 250 files unless you are have an Amazon Music subscription.
spenwall

Post by spenwall »

I just thought about this today. It would be fun to have an general conference Alexa skill. If anyone has started one and would like some help let me know I would like to help out where I can.
sara135812

Post by sara135812 »

Yes! We just figured it out. Go to the Alexa app. Under skills, search for Gospel Voice and enable that skill.

By saying, “Alexa, ask Gospel Voice to play General Conference” you’re able to get recommendations from Alexa or search for a specific speaker.

Return to “General Media Discussions”