Event Verbiage on Reservation Updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
failproof

Event Verbiage on Reservation Updates

Post by failproof »

In testing for myself a reported problem another member was facing with reservation updates, I noticed that when you update a reservation with a recurrence enabled, the pup-up prompting for whether you want to apply it to the entire series or the single occurrence is using Event verbiage. The title of the pop-up box is "Edit Scheduled Event" and all the references to the item/series refer to them as Events when this is a reservation being updated. In addition, it prompts for sending an email reminder. Is it even possible to send reminders for reservations? It looks like Reservations are re-using the same code for updating recurring events when it probably shouldn't be...

*edit - attached a screen shot of it
ReservationUpdate.png
(105 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
failproof

Re: Event Verbiage on Reservation Updates

Post by failproof »

Is the only place for calendar feedback here on this forum? It occurred to me that it might also be prudent to put this particular feedback into the feedback link found at the bottom of most of the LDS.org pages, but I don't see a feedback link on the calendar. In fact, Newsletter seems to be the only LDS.org tool that has a feedback link. Just wanted to make sure this one got seen by the developers...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

failproof wrote:Is the only place for calendar feedback here on this forum? It occurred to me that it might also be prudent to put this particular feedback into the feedback link found at the bottom of most of the LDS.org pages, but I don't see a feedback link on the calendar.
Although there is not a feedback link on the calendar page, you may use any feedback link at LDS.org to submit your information, and that is what is normally recommended.

However, the Calendar folks have been particularly attentive to this topic at the Forum, and they usually do see the comments here, even if they do not post a response.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be working on this area of the app in the near future so I'll make sure we get this consistent.

Return to “Calendar”