multi-select?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sasgrw

multi-select?

Post by sasgrw »

When printing tithing settlement info, if you select everyone, you get a warning that you should only print 50 statements at a time. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to easily select 50 at a time. I have to manually click on each name. Does multi-select not work? That is, most software/widgets let you click on one item then shift+click on another items further down the list and have everything in between selected. This doesn't work in MLS.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: multi-select?

Post by jonesrk »

In spite of the warning, I have printed the whole batch several times and never had a problem. Granted that it keeps the printer busy for a while.
sasgrw

Re: multi-select?

Post by sasgrw »

Yes, I ignore that warning too but that wasn't the point. There are lots of other times where I want to select a contiguous set of people but extended selection isn't supported.

Technically, I should have titled this post 'extended selection' instead of 'multi-selection' because MLS does support multi-select by checking the boxes next to various people's names. That's usually handled by holding Control down when you click but many people aren't aware of that so UIs often use the checkbox approach. However, using checkboxes shouldn't preclude one from clicking one name and then Shift+clicking another name and having all names in between become selected.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Contiguous select

Post by jdlessley »

sasgrw wrote:There are lots of other times where I want to select a contiguous set of people but extended selection isn't supported.
I've run into that need several times also. I agree that feature would be a good idea to be included in MLS functionality. The last time that I could have used that functionality was also during the printing of tax statements. It wasn't because of the printer warning though. It was to print separately current ward members, former ward members (out of unit members), and nonmembers after a sort on the "type" column before printing.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”