Can't add a Stake Clerk

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
caehevanras

Can't add a Stake Clerk

Post by caehevanras »

Hi guys, maybe it sounds foolish... but here it goes.
I am a Stake Counselor and I was trying to add our recently called new Stake Clerk to the MLS. However when either I or the Stake President Click on "Stake Presidency", under the tab "Organizations", and then click on add position, guess what? No Stake Clerk Option to be selected. The point is, IT WAS there some weeks ago, but it just WENT POP, maybe when the 3.5.1_2something version was automatically downloaded/installed...

Our Stake President tried (dunno why) under Other Resources>Leader and Unit Change Request, but he got an "an error has occurred message".

Any Ideas on how to add our Clerk? Has it ever happened to anybody?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Can't add a Stake Clerk

Post by lajackson »

caehevanras wrote:I was trying to add our recently called new Stake Clerk to the MLS. . . .

Our Stake President tried under Other Resources>Leader and Unit Change Request, but he got an "an error has occurred message".
Your stake president was in the right place. I do not know why the error message appeared. You might wish to go there again, click on the Stake Clerk tab, and make sure all of the information is completed. Sometimes you have to page down because it does not all show on the monitor at one time.
caehevanras

No Stake Clerk Tab

Post by caehevanras »

lajackson wrote: Your stake president was in the right place(...) click on the Stake Clerk tab, and make sure all of the information is completed.
That's the strange part. We can't even get to this point. As soon as we go to Other Resources> Leader and Unit Change Request, we get a frown face :( and "An error has occurred".
I spent a lot of thime with the GSC guys - they tried a lot of things via remote access - but up to now, nichts! We had the same problem before - to call a Patriarch and the previous Stake Clerk. I wasn't present when they solved the whole thing, though.
Any clues? :confused:
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I just let one of the QA guys on MLS know about this thread hopefully he can find out what is going on.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: No Stake Clerk Tab

Post by aebrown »

caehevanras wrote:As soon as we go to Other Resources> Leader and Unit Change Request, we get a frown face :( and "An error has occurred".
Have you tried a full install of MLS? There is a history of problems with the Other Resources area not working properly after an incremental update.

To do a full update, sign in to the https://clerksupport.lds.org site, and under Applications, go to the Download and Install MLS link. Then install MLS on top of your existing installation. That's the low-risk first step, which has been known to fix such problems in many cases. If that doesn't work, report your findings here and we can discuss further steps.
caehevanras

Re: No Stake Clerk Tab

Post by caehevanras »

aebrown wrote: Have you tried a full install of MLS? There is a history of problems with the Other Resources area not working properly after an incremental update.
Yup! I've already done this. This problem comes from old times - maybe before the foundation of this world lol. I just decided to fix it!

Getting more help from the GSC guys. I'll post any advances. :)
caehevanras

Problem Solved! It Magically Works!

Post by caehevanras »

I can't believe it! I'm partly glad partly frustrated! :p

Got in touch with the GSC again and the ysolved the whole thing. The problem was our Stake President has a too long name (Claudiony Henrique Dantas de Souza Azevedo); man, it's 42 characters!!!! The system only supports 33! So the poor little thing tried to read his information in database and got crazy with so many characters! ERROR!!! lol.
Glad and sad! I think I expected something bigger... lol
Anyway, lesson of the day: to prevent similar problems, my next baby boy is going to be called Al. LOL
caehevanras

The Solution

Post by caehevanras »

Oh, by the way, the solution: they changed the president's name in the records to Claudiony H Dantas de S Azevedo... ;)
caehevanras

Post by caehevanras »

Thanks to all of you guys who worried enough to post and suggest solutions! You are great!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

And thank you for posting the answer. Not only is it delightful, but it validates that the rest of us have not yet totally lost our minds.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”