News Letter being changed by another Publisher!

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
rcook525

News Letter being changed by another Publisher!

Post by rcook525 »

This may have been posted but did not receive any hits when I did search of forum.

AS the Ward Web Admin, I helped our Ward Bulletin Editor to publish a newsletter with the Ward bulletin of coming Sunday and past 4 bulletins. I assigned Publishing rights for this individual and Ward Weekly Sacrament Bulletin newsletter was created and posted with attachments in .pdf format.

Interestingly, this individual made a changes in another's newsletter and saved it. Now this individuals name appears with the dates the change was made. This individual did call me and let me know that the newsletter had changed. Sure enough, the publisher of my original newsletter has their name and date.

Would this not lead to a upset contributor if another publisher changed original newsletter? This is not the case here as it was discovered immediately and publisher called me and let me know.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: News Letter being changed by another Publisher!

Post by jdlessley »

Any Newsletter article can be edited by any publisher. If a publisher gets carried away and edits articles he/she shouldn't then some counseling may be needed. If necessary, that publisher can be removed as a publisher.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rcook525

Re: News Letter being changed by another Publisher!

Post by rcook525 »

Thanks for the reply. Was somewhat certain that Publisher rights allowed one to change other newsletter. Just common courtesy would seem appropriate and an individual would not change some one else's newsletter.

Return to “Newsletter”