photos in the ward directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
CHRIS1959

Post by CHRIS1959 »

we are trying to get everyones picture in the ward directory. when photos are taken from my i-phone4s they automactically update if you specfically go to that ward organization. If you try to find the photo in the directory they are not there. if you go to manage photos the pictures are overlapped so you cannot approve or disapprove them. is there something i am missing or do i have to just take the pictures from a regular camera then upload them? thanks
eloraalice

Post by eloraalice »

We're trying to post pictures in the directory for the family. However, we can't figure out how. Is there someone we need to see or is there a button I didn't notice?
And my name is very slightly misspelled. I don't know how to fix that.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: photos in the ward directory

Post by jdlessley »

eloraalice wrote:We're trying to post pictures in the directory for the family. However, we can't figure out how.
Have you looked in the Directory Help? Click the Help button in the upper right of the page next to the Print button. Once in the Directory Help go to Editing Your Profile. Then expand the "Change Household and Personal Information" section.

Once you are in the edit mode for My Household you will see an "Add a Photo" link below each photo placeholder. One for the family and one for each member of the household. Just follow the instructions provided after clicking that link.
eloraalice wrote:And my name is very slightly misspelled. I don't know how to fix that.
Contact you ward clerk. He can make the change.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Can one member upload photos for another member? I understand that they don't actually get posted until an administrator approves them.
CHRIS1959

Post by CHRIS1959 »

yes to both of your questions
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

How would I go about doing that?
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Actually it looks like I can't without being an administrator.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

wrigjef wrote:Can one member upload photos for another member?
Not unless the person doing the upload is either an administrator or an adult member of the same household. There is a bug for iOS devices that is bypassing this approval process. So those with iOS devices can upload photos for others. Once the bug is fixed the capability will no longer exist.
wrigjef wrote:I understand that they don't actually get posted until an administrator approves them.
That is correct for those without administrator rights. Those with administrator rights can upload photos and those photos are immediately approved.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”