Potential Couple Missionaries list

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
yanply-p40

Potential Couple Missionaries list

Post by yanply-p40 »

Does anyone know how to remove couples already serving missions from the potential list in the Bishop's action and interview report?
terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

yanply wrote:Does anyone know how to remove couples already serving missions from the potential list in the Bishop's action and interview report?

I'd love to know the answer to this one also, and how to remove couples that have a disability or illness that precludes them from serving a mission.

It would also be nice if full-time missionaries and disfellowshipped members could be removed from the list of Members Without Callings.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I navigated to Organizations > Other Callings > Out of Unit Callings > and added Full-Time Missionary as a calling. I then assigned each full-time missionary serving from our unit to that custom position.

It would be nice if Full-Time Missionary were one of the default callings for the Out of Unit Callings organization. Perhaps then some logic could be added to MLS to use this default calling to filter the results of the Potential Missionary Couples on the Action and Interview List. Perhaps this could then also auto-populate/calculate on the Officers Sustained form.
For disfellowshiped members, simply uncheck the Potential Candidates checkbox on the Members without Callings report, then set Show: to Potential Candidates to filter the results.

We have also tried to use this feature for circumstances when the Primary, Relief Society, etc. needs to fill positions but would like some guidance on whom they can consider as candidates to propose. In this case, the bishopric reviews the list, then the ward clerk filters
the Members without Callings reportby checking or unchecking the Potential Candidates checkbox as directed by the bishopric,sets Show: to Potential Candidates,prints it out, and gives it to the organization requesting it. The only problem with this is that it is a bit more cumbersome to get in the habit of doing this. As a result it doesn't happen frequently . . . yet.

To do this, it would be helpful if
the Members without Callings screen had the Select All and Clear All buttons that some of the other screens have.
terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

jbh001 wrote:For disfellowshiped members, simply uncheck the Potential Candidates checkbox on the Members without Callings report, then set Show: to Potential Candidates to filter the results.

I can't believe I didn't notice the Show: box on this report. Thank you. :o
nathangg

Re:

Post by nathangg »

jbh001 wrote:I navigated to Organizations > Other Callings > Out of Unit Callings > and added Full-Time Missionary as a calling. I then assigned each full-time missionary serving from our unit to that custom position.
Does this really work to remove people from the "Potential Missionary Couples" section of the online Action and Interview List in the Leader Portal?

(I'm at the stake level and I don't have permission to update this in MLS... but if it works I was considering asking the Ward Clerks to start doing this).

Thanks~!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”