PAF add on

Discussions about PAF, PAF SDK, and the future of PAF.
sfraser-p40

PAF add on

Post by sfraser-p40 »

I have heard of a program that helps PAF submit temple names. What is the program and where can you get it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There are a couple of programs that might be talked about here.

When you say "submit names", that could be TempleReady. That's a program in the Family History Center that's used to clear names and place them on a floppy to take to the temple.

However, TempleReady is an old program and it's being replaced by new.familysearch.org. The roll-out is in progress. Some temple districts have been converted, others have not. It was originally projected that all would be converted by the end of 2008, but at the moment the roll-out has halted. Rumor is that server capacity needs to be beefed up before it can continue.

While new.familysearch.org isn't a PAF add-on, you can upload a GEDCOM from PAF to work on the names and clear them. However, before uploading anything to new.familysearch.org, you need to check and see if the names already exist, as a number of databases were used to populate the system.

Lastly, what people might be referring to is PAF Insight from Ohana Software. It's an add-on to PAF that does an excellent job of searching the on-line IGI to identify work that has already been done to prevent duplicates.

Disclaimer: While the church doesn't endorse any commercial software, Ohana Software is a FamilySearch Affiliate.
BrainClay

Post by BrainClay »

sfraser wrote:I have heard of a program that helps PAF submit temple names. What is the program and where can you get it?

I think you may be referring to PAF Insight. It searches familysearch for existing ordinances, then updates your PAF database. It also does advanced match and merge. I haven't used it, just heard it was a great tool.

Return to “Personal Ancestral File (PAF)”