Using Bar Codes on Cell phones

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
alleneski

Using Bar Codes on Cell phones

Post by alleneski »

I have no business and am a stay at home mom but often I need to pass along info and so I have my own business card. I would like to create a business card for myself that links to my bio on the I'm A Mormon page or to a youtube video of me talking about my testimony or why I am a Mormon or to a great video that inspires me so people can use their phone and scan the barcode and it takes them to this....I think it would be an interesting way to share the gospel and I think interest would be piqued with my business card.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Using Bar Codes on Cell phones

Post by jdlessley »

This capability is currently available by using QR codes. Give your printer the I'm A Mormon URL or the youtube video URL for the QR code and ask them to add that to your card when you have your business cards printed. If they do not have the capability to create the QR code then you can create it yourself using apps for that or use an online service to create it. Then make a copy and give it to the printer.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”