Ward Missionary subcategory

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
djames57

Ward Missionary subcategory

Post by djames57 »

The list of missionaries in my ward MLS/Finance/Ward Missionary is incorrect. There are eight names that are present that have returned (some back for years) but most importantly, some serving but not on the list (and thus unable to track donations). How do I get this resolved? I called SLC several weeks ago and they assured me that in one specific instance, the missionary was in the database. I was also told that the name would show up after the first sweep. (huh? you can't put funds into an account until SL takes funds out?) Well the sweep is past and still no name. Yes, I do have names on the list that have received calls but have not left for the MTC. Please help me resolve asap
eblood66

Re: Ward Missionary subcategory

Post by eblood66 »

djames57 wrote:The list of missionaries in my ward MLS/Finance/Ward Missionary is incorrect. There are eight names that are present that have returned (some back for years)
For those accounts you should just set them to inactive (after making sure the balance in the account is 0). Once the records retention period expires the accounts will automatically be removed.
djames57 wrote:but most importantly, some serving but not on the list (and thus unable to track donations). How do I get this resolved?
Usually that means the financial responsibility for the missionary is not assigned to your ward. You'll have to contact local unit support. There isn't any other way to change it.
djames57 wrote: I called SLC several weeks ago and they assured me that in one specific instance, the missionary was in the database. I was also told that the name would show up after the first sweep. (huh? you can't put funds into an account until SL takes funds out?)
Generally they send a zero amount transaction soon after the mission call is made and this causes the account to be created. This usually happens well before the first payment is withdrawn so generally you can put donations on the missionary's account before the first payment.
djames57 wrote:Well the sweep is past and still no name. Yes, I do have names on the list that have received calls but have not left for the MTC. Please help me resolve asap
If the sweep has indeed happened and you still don't have the account then you'll have to contact LUS again. There is nothing you can do locally. However, as of yesterday I had not seen the sweep for May in our accounts. So it looks like they are late for some reason this month. Make sure you've actually had payments withdrawn in other accounts before assuming the previous call didn't work.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”