Lesson Schedule

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
greenwoodkl

Lesson Schedule

Post by greenwoodkl »

Some thoughts as I worked on the 2007 Lesson Schedule for my ward website tonight:

1. Could we not add more possibilities for other optional courses: Family History, Gospel Principles, Temple Prep, etc...?

2. Could the configuration page for lesson schedules be made into an AJAX format where it would by default schedule all sunday school lessons in order for the entire year with general conference on the appropriate Sundays, have Stake Conference you could drag-and-drop into the schedule and have it dynamically shift the lessons down a week, etc...? You could drag a particular lesson to another Sunday if for some odd reason you wanted to switch two weeks and it would shift everything else to compensate. Just the current combination of having it refresh to the top of the page after each week is configured coupled with having to scroll to the next lesson through the entire drop-down menu is so inefficient.

3. Could their be options on formatting to where I could see each class in a list format as currently listed, or lessons sorted by date so I could see all lessons for Sunday, January 28th in one block and not have to switch through multiple tabs and filter out the lessons from earlier in the year to find this particular Sunday's lesson?
pbarrus

Teachings for our Time

Post by pbarrus »

kgthunder wrote:Some thoughts as I worked on the 2007 Lesson Schedule for my ward website tonight:

1. Could we not add more possibilities for other optional courses: Family History, Gospel Principles, Temple Prep, etc...?
Now that the Church has delegated the 4th Sunday to the Ward Bishop to choose the TFOT, this function still remains at the Stake level and cannot be utilized by the Wards. AND, since each Ward's Bishop chooses his own Conference talk, each Ward's lesson is different. Can the 4th Sunday Priesthood/RS Lesson function be released to the Wards to use with the ability to link to the conference talk or do you have a suggestion for a work around?

When I was the Ward Admin, I used to add it as an event on the Ward calendar, but you can't link to that talk on the Church's website.

Inquiring minds....
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

Phyl wrote:Now that the Church has delegated the 4th Sunday to the Ward Bishop to choose the TFOT
It's still up to the stake president to decide if they wish to set the same talks for the whole stake or delegate the choice to each bishop.

"Stake and district presidents may choose which talks should be used, or they may assign this responsibility to bishops and branch presidents." “Teachings for Our Time,” Ensign, Nov 2006, 119

However your suggestion still holds, if the stake president does decide to let the bishops choose, could the function be passed on?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”