Home Teaching/Visiting Teaching Data Changing Each Month

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
veehb

Re: Home Teaching/Visiting Teaching Data Changing Each Month

Post by veehb »

I suppose my focus is to measure the performance of the home teachers. We are struggling with low percentages in some of our units and as we improve PPIs, etc. we hope to see the number of visits increase (also the quality of those visits, harder to measure). I now understand that the focus in MLS is really on the individual visit history and when those members leave the unit, that is no longer our concern.

Makes sense. Thanks for explaining it. We had a Relief Society President who was sensitive in seeing her historical numbers going down (I suspect as more members have moved into her ward). I can explain it to her.

Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

One problem I see with the stats is that at 50%, you could either be covering 50% of the families perfectly, or you could be covering all the families 50% of the time. If I were a unit leader, I'd be asking for a stat along the lines of the attendance stats to see how many are not being visited at all and if any more names are being added to that list.
veehb wrote:We had a Relief Society President who was sensitive in seeing her historical numbers going down (I suspect as more members have moved into her ward). I can explain it to her.
You can point out to her that if she'll help do the legwork on getting all the "address unknowns" moved out, then her stats will improve. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
veehb

Post by veehb »

Thanks for your helpful replies. Our focus is improving the visits and teaching. That is why we would like to see the history preserved. But, your focus is the families visited, and so updating the stats makes sense so that they reflect the current members in the unit.

I posted this earlier, but it got lost. So hope I'm not duplicating this.

I can now explain to one of our Relief Society Presidents why her historical stats are changing (and her concern is that they change downwards). I think she will understand, thanks to the inputs here.
infomaster

Post by infomaster »

When a report is run, calculations are done on all current ward members. It does not matter what ward they were in when a visit was made, or an ordinance was performed. In the case of new members, for the time before they became a member, an '*' may be used for clarification, such as class rolls.

As a result, the HT/VT reports show the correct numbers and percentages for each month, for those currently in the ward.

Example: My ward has 800 members; in January, the HT reports is run; three months later, in April, the ward has 800 members, but 150 have moved out, and 150 others have moved in.

The report run in April has the same number of members, but 150 of them are different people.

Each report is correct as to who was and was not visited.

The numbers and percentages may be different because the report covers different people.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

infomaster wrote:When a report is run, calculations are done on all current ward members. It does not matter what ward they were in when a visit was made, or an ordinance was performed.
That implies that when a member moved, the HT/VT data from a prior ward carries over into the new ward. I don't think that's correct. Can you verify that? It's possible they snuck in a new feature.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”