XLR and Mini-input hardware

Discussions around meetinghouse sound systems, microphones, assisted listening devices, and translation equipment
johnshaw

XLR and Mini-input hardware

Post by johnshaw »

It's been a while now since the announcement that the near future will include a wall outlet to replace the XLR's in areas like RS and Primary rooms that will include both a Mini (headphone jack) and a XLR). Has anyone heard about these being made generally available?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
ryanwbrown
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: XLR and Mini-input hardware

Post by ryanwbrown »

The Emtech MW3 should be purchased through the FM if he wanted to get one for the RS rooms or other rooms. These connectors could be purchased with the FM funds (if the FM is okay with that) or from the stake LUBA funds.

Marshall Industries, General Communications, and Poll Sound may have them but go through the FM if things are being changed or modified in the meetinghouse.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

thanks for the reply... I was browsing the Emtech website looking for a smaller version of the EJ-8 and saw that MW3..
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What device are you looking at? I see dual faceplates, but nothing that looks like it gives a single mic-level output.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

russellhltn wrote:What device are you looking at? I see dual faceplates, but nothing that looks like it gives a single mic-level output.
It wasn't the MW3, only something that looked like it. I can't find it on the website...
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

There is one that looks promising here

http://www.emtechelectronics.com/produc ... /msc-m35s/
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I saw the MSC-M35S, but I think that's just dual jacks. You'd need two lines going back to appropriate inputs to support it.

The MSC-W looks interesting, but I think it requires a line run back to the system and connected to a input there.

Was this supposed to work with an existing mic input where someone could use a mic or use a line in?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

The MSC-MW3 is available to the FM groups through the LDS eMarket or by FM calling MTS directly. The pricing is not to bad they retail at 81.00$ these are nice to have as they only need an existing single mic line. Emtech will sell to the public, but ALL permanent building mods require FM approval.
Attachments
EmtechMSC_MW3.JPG
(123.76 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
Roland
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. But I don't know how well it would work in our RS room. The installer paralleled the two mic jacks into a single input. Unless this presents a high impedance on the system side, it's presence is likely to attenuate any mic plugged into the floor connector. Odd thing - they ran two wires to the amp. But the amp only only had one input that accepted bare wires. It has multiple mic inputs - but just one that takes wires.

michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

If there are extra mic inputs and you have bare wires, I would solder an XLR connector on and have two mics go to two inputs, or parallel one mic and have the other attenuated into the second mic input for line level.

Return to “Meetinghouse Audio”