Editing Tags in My Study Notebook

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
gperry

Editing Tags in My Study Notebook

Post by gperry »

Is there a way to edit or delete individual tags in My Study Notebook? It's easy to create them, is there a way to clean them up by renaming or even removing?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gperry wrote:Is there a way to edit or delete individual tags in My Study Notebook? It's easy to create them, is there a way to clean them up by renaming or even removing?
To delete a tag associated with an individual item in Notes and Journal (the new name for what used to be "My Study Notebook"), just edit the item, and then look in the "Tagged with" box. Click the X by the tag you no longer want applied to the item.

There's currently no way to rename a tag that has been applied to an item; just delete the one you don't want and add a tag with the new name. There's also no way to do bulk operations (e.g., for every item that is tagged with "Conference" change it to be tagged with "General Conference").
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
timlwilde

Re: Editing Tags in My Study Notebook

Post by timlwilde »

Has there been any update to allow to editing or deleting tags in the study notebook?
The above mentioned idea doesn't always work for me.
drwhite

Post by drwhite »

Also, its really needed to be able to assign the note to a notebook. It appears only to be possible on the website. It would be nice to have a default notebook to save notes to on the iphone/ipad or other mobile device other than "unassigend". I now have 700 unassigned notes and going through them one by one to assign to a notebook is really not an option at this point....
jenkinsroger321

Post by jenkinsroger321 »

Is there really no way to edit the name of the tag? I have a tag that has an error in the spelling. Every time I see this tag (which is now empty of any items; all moved to a tag with the correct spelling) I am annoyed. Help anyone!!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jenkinsroger321 wrote:Is there really no way to edit the name of the tag? I have a tag that has an error in the spelling. Every time I see this tag (which is now empty of any items; all moved to a tag with the correct spelling) I am annoyed. Help anyone!!
There is no way to edit the name of a tag. But on the Notes feature of LDS.org, once you've deleted the last usage of a tag, the tag disappears from the list of tags. You posted this in the "Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures" forum section, so I assume that you are talking about LDS.org. I'm unable to reproduce the problem you describe there.

There is a bug similar to what you describe, but it is for Android Gospel Library. That issue is discussed here.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”