So grateful for the Church Service Missionaries

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
johnshaw

So grateful for the Church Service Missionaries

Post by johnshaw »

As if familysearch.org support wasn't working out they've spread to the GSC.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jakebengtson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: So grateful for the Church Service Missionaries

Post by jakebengtson »

Not quite sure what you are alluding to, do you mind elaborating?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

A new opportunity to train? [grin]
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

One of my favorite comments from Service Missionaries who are helping me on the phone is. "Well, this may be taking some time, but I sure am learning a lot today."
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JohnShaw wrote:One of my favorite comments from Service Missionaries who are helping me on the phone is. "Well, this may be taking some time, but I sure am learning a lot today."
I'm having a hard time understanding the point of this topic. You made a cryptic opening post, and were asked to clarify what you meant. But your follow up post didn't help clarify at all.

What are you talking about? Are you saying that CSMs are being used in places that you would prefer they are not? If so, where? And please don't just say "GSC" -- there are many parts of the GSC, so it would be helpful to know which area you are referring to.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Troubleshooting a couple firewall issues. I wanted data to be accurate for the firewalls to help in R&I justification for Increased bandwidth.

I realize that the GSC often deals with STS as well that have limited experience. Volunteers helping Volunteers where only a real small team of employees can complete the work is very complex to orchestrate and I don't envy those in positions to try and make this work.
jakebengtson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jakebengtson »

To speak to the original topic of this post, I work for the Meetinghouse Technology Coordination team and we have been using volunteers to assist with translation efforts. They have been a great resource to us and I am so grateful for their help.

Service missionaries aren't perfect, but they are a great help in moving the work forward. I think we have to just keep in mind that they are volunteering their own time and deserve our patience.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I'm grateful that we have many so willing to serve, I struggle, at times, with the time it often takes.

Service Missionaries aren't perfect and in their help to move the work forward I think we have to just keep in mind that those calling for help are volunteering their own time and deserve a quality of service as well.

Return to “General Discussions”