Stake Calendar Reservation icon

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jcanddc

Stake Calendar Reservation icon

Post by jcanddc »

Hi all;

As the Stake Executive Secretary, I have been asked load the Stake Calendar. I reserve buildings by clicking on the day and adding my reservation. My building coordinator, uses the reservations pull down under settings and reserves buildings this way. Her method does not show up on my Stake Calendar???
Should we both be using the + icon, and that way would both our reservations show up on the Stake Calendar?
I also notice, that I do not, or never had, the reservation option, under the settings pull down screen??? How come??

dcarroll
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Calendar Reservation icon

Post by russellhltn »

I suggest you read the post Guide to Using Calendar. I'm see a number of common misconceptions.
jcanddc wrote:I also notice, that I do not, or never had, the reservation option, under the settings pull down screen??? How come??
"Reservations" is the old terminology. It was changed due to misunderstanding. The new term is "Restriction".

And that's only available to people who have been designated as a "Building Scheduler" in the calendar system.

But first read the short guide linked above. It may save you from running down the wrong road.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jcanddc

Post by jcanddc »

Hi Russell;

Thanks for the information. My next question is why is my calendar screen different that my Building Coordinators screen. When she shows me a screenshot, I see a row above the calendar, with a bunch of tabs... Mine does not do that. Is it because she is clicking on something in the settings pulldown screen that causes the tabs across the top?
And, when I created an event, it did not show on her calendar???? Does she have a different calendar than I do? Is hers not the STAKE calendar???

jcanddc
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jcanddc wrote:When she shows me a screenshot, I see a row above the calendar, with a bunch of tabs... Mine does not do that.
The only tabs I see in the calendar system comes from my browser and they are above the URL line.

I wonder if she has synchronized the calendar to something else. That sync is one-way. She can't do any management that way.
jcanddc wrote:And, when I created an event, it did not show on her calendar????
It depends on what calendar she's looking at. The only thing a Building Scheduler has access to that a Stake Executive Secretary does not is access to a "Restrictions" calendar. But it will only show events that are at the building she is looking at (and has Building Scheduler rights for). If you didn't select a building when creating the event, then it won't show. And you won't have a little Monopoly-looking "house" icon on your event.

If she's looking at the regular calendar, it's possible she's hasn't subscribed to the stake calendar you are placing the events on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”