Disappearing members

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
drepouille

Disappearing members

Post by drepouille »

As I reviewed the stake leadership in preparation for stake conference, I noticed that the second counselor to the stake Relief Society president was vacant. I tried to add that sister to that calling, but her membership record was gone from the stake MLS. She did appear in the ward directory on lds.org, but the calling was vacant in Callings by Organization. I don't remember if she appeared in the Member Lookup. I think she did.

I checked her ward MLS, and she was there. So I requested a membership refresh on the stake MLS of all membership records from her ward. Bingo! Then I added her to her calling again in the stake MLS.

On a related note, a Branch Clerk asked me about a family that had moved into his branch recently. He could see them on lds.org, but his branch MLS did not have their records. I told him to request a membership refresh, and that fixed his problem.

Weird stuff going on.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Disappearing members

Post by jonesrk »

drepouille wrote:As I reviewed the stake leadership in preparation for stake conference, I noticed that the second counselor to the stake Relief Society president was vacant. I tried to add that sister to that calling, but her membership record was gone from the stake MLS. She did appear in the ward directory on lds.org, but the calling was vacant in Callings by Organization. I don't remember if she appeared in the Member Lookup. I think she did.
MLS sent a delete for her calling on Aug 4th if that helps track anything down.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JonesRK wrote:MLS sent a delete for her calling on Aug 4th if that helps track anything down.
When you get the record back, you might look at the move-in date. It's possible her record moved out at some point.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
JonesRK wrote:MLS sent a delete for her calling on Aug 4th if that helps track anything down.
When you get the record back, you might look at the move-in date. It's possible her record moved out at some point.
I checked that too, but it hadn't moved (at least not according to CHQ). Maybe the stake MLS thought it had.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”