MLS 2.8.1 Transmission Issue

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
pete_arnett-p40
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:54 am
Location: Sunny South Florida, USA

MLS 2.8.1 Transmission Issue

#1

Post by pete_arnett-p40 »

One of the units in our stake reported a transmission issue, do not any details at this time

Has any other units reported any issue after updating to 2.8.1?

Thanks,
:cool: Your Fellow Servant,
Porter (Pete) Lee Arnett Jr.
USA
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15127
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

#2

Post by aebrown »

pete_arnett wrote:One of the units in our stake reported a transmission issue, do not any details at this time

Has any other units reported any issue after updating to 2.8.1?

Thanks,

No reports from our units. However, I upgraded all the units in the stake to 2.8.1 manually last week (since it was time to update the anti-virus definitions anyway, so I already had to visit each computer). Thus we didn't have to do the software download, which may have been a factor.

In the past, the number of transmission problems has gone up dramatically on the first Sunday after a software upgrade, since the load on the Church servers is so much higher as the upgrades are downloaded. I really doubt that it is a problem with MLS 2.8.1 itself.
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 10359
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

#3

Post by lajackson »

The evening we downloaded 2.8.1 we lost the network connection. After the reboot that reinstalled MLS, we rebooted again and the network connection came back.
pete_arnett-p40
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:54 am
Location: Sunny South Florida, USA

MLS 2.8.1 Transmission Issue

#4

Post by pete_arnett-p40 »

It appears to have been headquarters servers were overloaded

The unit was successful on doing a transmit on Tuesday night

Thanks for feedback
:cool: Your Fellow Servant,
Porter (Pete) Lee Arnett Jr.
USA
User avatar
daddy-o-p40
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

#5

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

Pete_arnett, thanks for the clarification.
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
gpetersen-p40
New Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:47 pm
Location: Sacramento, California, USA

#6

Post by gpetersen-p40 »

pete_arnett wrote:One of the units in our stake reported a transmission issue, do not any details at this time

Has any other units reported any issue after updating to 2.8.1?

Thanks,
We upgraded to MLS 2.8.1 two weeks ago and had experienced no transmission problems until today. We had three sucessive transmission failures (Afaria #2) using our internet connection. I switched over to dial-up and the transmission went through without any problems. Switched back to internet and received the same failure message. The odd thing is that on the four failures, once I tried to select another menu option, MLS would lock up and I would have to go to the Task Manager to end the program.
User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15127
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

#7

Post by aebrown »

gpetersen wrote:We upgraded to MLS 2.8.1 two weeks ago and had experienced no transmission problems until today. We had three sucessive transmission failures (Afaria #2) using our internet connection. I switched over to dial-up and the transmission went through without any problems. Switched back to internet and received the same failure message. The odd thing is that on the four failures, once I tried to select another menu option, MLS would lock up and I would have to go to the Task Manager to end the program.

On another forum, someone reported a possible problem and solution in this area. I don't know if it applies to your situation, and I am not in a position to verify it, but it might be worth a try. I would recommend saving a copy of the dialer.properties file before trying this, just so you can get back to your previous state if it doesn't work. In any case, here is what one clerk said:
We had serious difficulty transmitting to SL the last few weeks. I finally called the help desk Wednesday. They quickly helped me to patch the dialer.properties file. Then next transmission went thru immediately. :-) The help desk said that this is a problem created for some units when 2.8 was downloaded.

If you are having problems check this file: c:\Program Files\LDS Church\MLS\dialer.properties.

If it does not have a line reading IgnoreScript=1 it should. Call the help desk for assistance.
LTORDUSA1-p40
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: USA, Utah, Layton

MLS 8.2.1 Transmission Issue

#8

Post by LTORDUSA1-p40 »

I had the same problem today in that Afaria timed out. After my third try I was successful in transmission. I believe SLC was overloaded.

LTORDUSA1
mayn-p40
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:56 am

#9

Post by mayn-p40 »

Hi all,

I have seen this issue in several of my units. I went in to the dialing.properties file under the Program Files/LDS Church/MLS directory and saw that an 1-888 number has been made the primary number to dial. In ALL cases, changing this back to the local number solved the units problem.

--Maynard
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 10359
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

#10

Post by lajackson »

gpetersen wrote:We had three sucessive transmission failures (Afaria #2) using our internet connection. I switched over to dial-up and the transmission went through without any problems. Switched back to internet and received the same failure message.
I think you just got lucky on the dialup. We had failures and found the problem was with the wireless to the FHC. During the process of installing MLS 2.8.1 some of the settings changed, and the box lost its mind for a moment.
Post Reply

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”