Directory 2.5

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Directory 2.5

Post by russellhltn »

I'm still waiting to get word back on exactly what the mission has to update. But I think there's an issue with assigning more than one companionship to a ward. Perhaps it's a case where only one is assigned to the ward, but the other is assigned to the stake and simply visits that ward. So the detail of the assignment may be an issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I'm still waiting to get word back on exactly what the mission has to update. But I think there's an issue with assigning more than one companionship to a ward.
I rummaged through our stake in the online Directory. Most of our wards have two companionships, and most of our wards show four missionaries assigned. The four missionaries are not listed by companionships. There are just four names of Elders (or two Elders and two Sisters) assigned to a particular ward. A couple of units have threesomes.

Of interest, we also have some missionaries serving temporarily in our mission/stake awaiting visas for final assignment to other countries. They are also listed correctly in the wards in which they are serving, but the map that comes up is not the map for our mission. It is the map for the mission to which they were called.

In any event, things are so orderly in our stake listings that I suspect our mission office has figured out how the missionary assignment system works and someone is maintaining it properly.
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

We do get more then 1 companionship there was a bug that was the case but it should not be anymore. It should get all the missionaries assigned to your unit and missionaries assigned to your stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeffevannelson wrote:We do get more then 1 companionship there was a bug that was the case but it should not be anymore. It should get all the missionaries assigned to your unit and missionaries assigned to your stake.
Good to know, but what is the name of the database/system that the missions input this in? A couple of users up-thread (posts 7 & 8) need to pass that information back.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
josephmh

Post by josephmh »

I am an elder serving in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission.

The system that missions are using is called IMOS and it includes organizing missionaries into companionships and districts, etc, as well as attaching units to each companionship.

I also have a question to add to the conversation: was this feature removed? I just noticed randomly last week that I had the privilege to see the directories, which is extremely useful since we cover multiple large, transient YSA wards. This morning, I was trying to get an address to update our progress record and the feature is gone. Any news?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

josephmh wrote:I also have a question to add to the conversation: was this feature removed? I just noticed randomly last week that I had the privilege to see the directories, which is extremely useful since we cover multiple large, transient YSA wards. This morning, I was trying to get an address to update our progress record and the feature is gone. Any news?
I've heard nothing that would even remotely be related. I'd suggest checking IMOS. Perhaps a transfer is in your immediate future. <grin>

josephmhansen

Post by josephmhansen »

russellhltn wrote:I've heard nothing that would even remotely be related. I'd suggest checking IMOS. Perhaps a transfer is in your immediate future. <grin>
Well, we did have transfers ;)

Here is the situation:

We had a all of the YSA missionaries in one zone. I was the first listed in the zone. At the transfer, some of the proselyting areas were moved into other zones. I'm not sure if it has any bearing at all, but now I am not the first companionship to show up in the organization roster.

In one of our YSA stakes (the one in which I serve), there are 3 companionships, 6 total missionaries. We are all assigned through IMOS to the Pioneer YSA Stake. We each have 4, or 5 in one case, wards. But, we report our key indicators as one set instead of trying to split them out to 4 wards. Or in other words, there are 3 companionships assigned to the same unit.

I know a few things about computer-y ideas and programming and suggest that maybe only the first companionships assigned to that unit gets the privilege of the functionality of the directory? But I don't think that really is the case because I sat next to another elder in this stake and we could both use the directory before transfers.

Do you think maybe it will only work if we are each assigned to our wards rather than the stake as a whole?

Thanks for your time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jmh010 wrote:Do you think maybe it will only work if we are each assigned to our wards rather than the stake as a whole?
From some of my communication, I think that may be the case.

josephmhansen

Post by josephmhansen »

Not sure what happened, but now I can toggle the stake between assigned stake and home stake.
mschmauch

Post by mschmauch »

I can see the correct missionaries assigned to our ward and tried to upload their pictures so people would recognize them more easily, but their names won't come up on the "association screen". Can or should such pictures be put with their records by the mission person who updates ward missionary assignments? If I knew who that person was, I would send the pictures to them if they could put them in the missionary's record.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”