Lesson URL

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
wwantry

Lesson URL

Post by wwantry »

What use is the Lesson URL if you cannot access the lesson from the hyperlink anywhere? Even in edit mode?

It would be nice if one could bring up the conference talk that is attached to a lesson for TFOT from the first screen? That really shouldn't be that difficult.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Lesson URL

Post by aebrown »

The Lesson URL is attached to the lesson, so that when members are looking at the lessons for their organization, clicking on the lesson title will take them to the talk.

For my ward's High Priests Group, the lesson for today is TFOT and the topic is President Uchtdorf's talk Of Regrets and Resolutions. It looks like this in year view (a regular user doesn't have the Edit icons, but otherwise it looks and works the same):
lesson.png
lesson.png (5.83 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
And when I click on "Uchtdorf: Of Regrets and Resolutions", I am taken to Of Regrets and Resolutions.

So the Lesson URL seems quite useful and works how I would expect. It also works in the normal Lesson Schedules view (not just the year view).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Without any further information about how the lesson was added it sounds either like the lesson title was added without the URL or the URL that was added was not a valid URL.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

wwantry wrote:What use is the Lesson URL if you cannot access the lesson from the hyperlink anywhere? Even in edit mode?
Since you mention you can't open the hyperlink even in edit mode, can I correctly assume that you're an administrator?

There is a confirmed bug that will cause entered URLs to get wiped out, but leave the text for the lesson title. See Variant Two under Reproducible Data Loss Error: saving class destroys content.
lproff

Post by lproff »

It would be nice if you could add more than one URL for a Teachings for our Times lesson. Sometimes we want to use more than one talk.
mevans

Post by mevans »

lproff wrote:It would be nice if you could add more than one URL for a Teachings for our Times lesson. Sometimes we want to use more than one talk.
See This Post for suggestions.
lproff

Post by lproff »

Thank you

Return to “Lesson Schedules”