Not Available: This Page Is Unavailable

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
zaneclark

Re: Not Available: This Page Is Unavailable

Post by zaneclark »

I just tried this with my iPad.... Created an article ok, but when I attempted to edit...got Page Unavailable...
ldenton0

Post by ldenton0 »

Size does not seam to be the problem. I have issues with both small and large articles.
I do not have and & in any of my articles.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

zaneclark wrote:I just tried this with my iPad.... Created an article ok, but when I attempted to edit...got Page Unavailable...
I tried this just now with an Android Tablet using Chrome and had no problems. I also have no trouble editing articles using Win7 and FF or IE. Seems related to specific accounts and not to what browser or OS is used.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

techgy wrote:
zaneclark wrote:I just tried this with my iPad.... Created an article ok, but when I attempted to edit...got Page Unavailable...
I tried this just now with an Android Tablet using Chrome and had no problems. I also have no trouble editing articles using Win7 and FF or IE. Seems related to specific accounts and not to what browser or OS is used.
I just tested this by adding my wife as a publisher, and then logging in with her account...Same result when attempting to edit.... Page Unavailable....
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Your wife is a member of the same ward and thus would be accessing the same newsletter, even though she has her own account. This would seem to confirm that the problem is related to a specific newsletter.

Question: Some have reported that they can edit specific articles and not others. Do you see the same thing? IE; does your wife have problems with the same articles and success with the same ones as you?
ldwariner

Post by ldwariner »

The only time I get Page is unavailable is when I have a picture in my post. I did some testing and just added test and was able to edit it just fine but once I added a picture saved the post and then went and edited the post that had a picture in it is when I got the error.

I get the same error on my tablet in safari and chrome.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ldwariner wrote:The only time I get Page is unavailable is when I have a picture in my post. I did some testing and just added test and was able to edit it just fine but once I added a picture saved the post and then went and edited the post that had a picture in it is when I got the error.

I get the same error on my tablet in safari and chrome.
Thanks for the specific details. I tried adding a picture, saving, and editing again, and still have no error. But perhaps having a photo is a necessary (but not necessarily sufficient) factor. It might be helpful if others experiencing the problem could comment on whether their problematic posts have pictures.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Wasn't there an issue with Newsletter about it being "fussy" with attachments? It seem to reject certain file sizes? I wonder if it's related to that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I successfully created a newsletter article yesterday on a Mac. I forget which browser I was using. It was probably Safari or Firefox.

zaneclark mentioned his experiment and techgy commented....
techgy wrote:Your wife is a member of the same ward and thus would be accessing the same newsletter, even though she has her own account. This would seem to confirm that the problem is related to a specific newsletter.
I agree with techgy that we're possibly on to it being unit-specific.

Can anyone who is having problems have more than one person in their unit try editing to see if they also have problems. To help arrive at some conclusions, please note the following:
  • Have each person in your unit who tests try editing the same article. Does everyone get an error, or only some people? Try different articles, with everyone testing the same articles.
  • Have each person in your unit who tests try creating a simple newsletter article. Can you successfully create one?
  • Note your device/operating system & version/browser.
  • The time, time zone, and user name who is testing. The church programmers might have logs they can review, and having specifics on time makes it easier to review log files, as they are probably time stamped.
If there are any articles that all testers consistently can't edit successfully, or if no one in your unit can create an article, that's going to make it easier for the church programmers to troubleshoot. If it's random, it's going to be more difficult. If we get some conclusive results from the tests, maybe one of the moderators can escalate the issue. You shouldn't post identifying information here; just let us know if there is anything conclusive.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

I'm also having this problem, but it seems it just recently cropped up. I remember being able to edit a newsletter with images in it not too long ago...

To get our Ward Newsletter out for today, I basically had to copy/paste everything and make all formatting changes in one go. Otherwise I'd get the error.

I'm using Win 7 and Firefox, but I've tried using Opera and Chrome as well, to no avail. Unfortunately I do not have anyone else at the moment who can test this, but once I do, I'll ask if someone else is able to edit a post with photos in it.

This is definitely server side though. Also of note, when editing, you sometimes get straight HTML instead of the WYSIWYG editor. :/
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."

Return to “Newsletter”