Church Technology Service Missions?

When the Church has need of help from the technology community, we will post that need in this forum.
mevans

Church Technology Service Missions?

Post by mevans »

I'm starting a separate thread from this conversation in the Calendar forum, as it was getting off topic:
eblood66 wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
marcogaertner wrote:Thanks everyone. So, a bug... How does one volunteer as a coder to fix such a bug? Again, thanks for the confirmation.
You can go over to project, but I'm not sure if they are accepting volunteer coders.
No, the calendar has not been a community project for a long time. Only church employees work on it now.
I've heard some mention that if you're officially called on a church service mission (formal paperwork with your bishop/stake president) that you might be able to work directly with church staff on some internal projects (not necessarily of your choosing). I believe there's a minimum weekly time commitment for the duration of your mission and that you may need to occasionally finance your own trips to spend a day or two with church staff in Riverton.

I heard about this at least a year ago, maybe longer. I don't know if this is an official program now (or even then). I'm not in a situation where I could make that type of time commitment, so I never pursued this further. If you're really serious about that level of commitment, I suggest you check with your bishop. If he doesn't now how to proceed, or if such missions are available, there's probably someone lurking on these forums who can help.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Church Technology Service Missions?

Post by aebrown »

There's a very detailed article on the wiki titled LDSTech Missionary Opportunities that explains the opportunities, the time commitment, and how to apply or get further information.

Return to “Development Help Wanted”