Finally....

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
Chrisrpeterson

Finally....

Post by Chrisrpeterson »

Our Stake finally set up the Stake and Ward websites. I moved into this stake four years ago from a Stake that was already using the MLS and Church hosted Stake and Ward sites. It is just getting started as some leaders were concerned about the information and abuse. So I hope that in our stake they can educate both leaders and members to use it to the fullest capacity. I was wondering if anyone experienced roadblocks or pitfalls when helping people set up their information... Thanks
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

It really varies from unit to unit. Until last year, I could count the number of registered users to our LUWS on two hands. Now I need 6. I know of one unit where the stake president announced that the stake was no logner going to produce hardcopies of the stake calendar and that if anyone wanted a hardcopy, they were to go to the stake's LUWS and print it out themselves.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

It depends upon how tech-savvy your ward is. Some wards have a lot of people that really don't use computers as much and so asking them to get on the computer to look up a phone number is like asking them to speak a different language. I've heard of a lot of good ideas to promote the use. Some wards have allocated special times after Church or during the week where the clerks are available to help people get all of the information that they need to create their account (confirmation date, etc.).

Tom
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

It depends on the make up of your ward/stake.

We have many who use it extensively. In our stake the annually printed stake directory was replaced with go to the ward website. But after a couple of years they reverted back to a one page directory for each ward as many of the seniors were just not able to get on.

However, I took on the task of educating the seniors in my ward and helping everyone get signed up. I can't say that everyone uses it extensively.....but we do have our calendards there and do communication broadcasts via email.

So we use it better than many others do.
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”