I can't see my Ward Calendar?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
snmhorne

I can't see my Ward Calendar?

Post by snmhorne »

I have posted our RS meeting on my calendar. I just received an email from our building coordinator to remove mine since they are duplicated since she is the one that puts them on when we schedule the building. I can not see any references to the calendar items she is talking about and once I removed mine, I don't see anything. I tried just looking at my ward calendars and nothing shows up. Do I not have access to the ward calendars to see or do I just not see what our building coordinator is putting on? I would like my members to be able to go to the calendar and see the activities and lessons scheduled.
drepouille

Re: I can't see my Ward Calendar?

Post by drepouille »

On which ward calendar did you create the event?
Do you have that ward calendar selected on the left side of the window?

This often happens -- people create events on a calendar that they have not selected for display.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: I can't see my Ward Calendar?

Post by russellhltn »

There are a few reasons that could be:

1) You are not subscribed to the necessary calendar. Go to the subscriptions page and verify that you are subscribed the calendars you should be.
2) You are subscribed but simply didn't mark the check box on the main page for it to display. (If you are not subscribed to a calendar, you won't have a check box for it.)
3) Your building scheduler is using restrictions to mark events - not the right way to do things.

The fact you have edit access to a calendar makes me suspect #3. We have talked here endlessly about how the current calender system does away with the building scheduler as a active participant in scheduling events, but it seems far too many units are not understanding that.

If the building scheduler is in charge of a building that has more than one ward, I can almost guarantee that's the problem.

Not only is it hard to see restrictions (they're only visible in week view), but any member desiring to use the sync function to know about ward events will not get any information as restrictions do not "sync".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”