Missing names from organization list

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
couchb

Missing names from organization list

Post by couchb »

I ran a report in Clerk Resources/Organization/Young Women/Beehives and noticed that three of the girls that should be listed are not showing. I haven't checked MLS to see if the same happens in MLS but I wonder if there is a known reason why this would be in the online report and how to fix it.
mevans

Re: Missing names from organization list

Post by mevans »

I believe in MLS that you can assign people to groups, such as Beehives. I believe that Clerk Resources doesn't have the group assignment data from MLS and just goes based on age. Could that be the problem?

(Disclaimer: this is just based on some threads I've read here. I'm not in MLS very often.)
couchb

Post by couchb »

I went over to the church last night to see what MLS showed and verified the the Beehive list was the same as on-line. I did see that there is a group assignment and on the three girls in question it did not show Beehive. There is a "reset assignments" option in MLS so I clicked that and the Beehive assignment showed up and they are now on the Beehive list. I'm glad to have found the fix but now worry if there are other lists that may have the same issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

couchb wrote:There is a "reset assignments" option in MLS so I clicked that and the Beehive assignment showed up and they are now on the Beehive list. I'm glad to have found the fix but now worry if there are other lists that may have the same issue.
So when you clicked that, did it change the on-line system, or just make MLS match what on-line showed?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
couchb

Post by couchb »

Fixing it in MLS and doing the Send/Receive also aligned the on-line report to include the missing girls as well. Both MLS and on-line show the correct info now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

couchb wrote:Fixing it in MLS and doing the Send/Receive also aligned the on-line report to include the missing girls as well. Both MLS and on-line show the correct info now.
So MLS must be sending organizational information now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
couchb wrote:Fixing it in MLS and doing the Send/Receive also aligned the on-line report to include the missing girls as well. Both MLS and on-line show the correct info now.
So MLS must be sending organizational information now.
Yes, jonesrk mentioned that about 4 months ago here.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

couchb wrote:I went over to the church last night to see what MLS showed and verified the the Beehive list was the same as on-line. I did see that there is a group assignment and on the three girls in question it did not show Beehive. There is a "reset assignments" option in MLS so I clicked that and the Beehive assignment showed up and they are now on the Beehive list. I'm glad to have found the fix but now worry if there are other lists that may have the same issue.
If you want to check, the potential problem spots are beehives, deacons, activity days, and Cub Scouts.

I've seen one other report of beehives not being properly assigned but never been able to reproduce it. There was an issue we addressed a while ago that could be implicated in that.

There was an issue with activity days and Cub Scouts assignments not being added when a member turned eight years old that was fixed in MLS 3.6.2.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”