Quirk in LDSTools and LDS.org Directory

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
BarryHill

Quirk in LDSTools and LDS.org Directory

Post by BarryHill »

There must be a programming bug associated with the name "Ward" in both LDSTools and LDS.org directories.

We have a family with the last name of "Ward" but in both places you can type "Ward" and the name does not show up. If I type their first name or scroll to their last name it is there. Also, if I type "Ward," (with a comma) it suddenly is there. No other name responds like this in LDSTools or the Directory at LDS.org
techgy
Community Moderators

Re: Quirk in LDSTools and LDS.org Directory

Post by techgy »

barryhill wrote:There must be a programming bug associated with the name "Ward" in both LDSTools and LDS.org directories.

We have a family with the last name of "Ward" but in both places you can type "Ward" and the name does not show up. If I type their first name or scroll to their last name it is there. Also, if I type "Ward," (with a comma) it suddenly is there. No other name responds like this in LDSTools or the Directory at LDS.org
Our stake also has a family with the last name of "Ward", however, doing a search at the stake level on lds.org works just fine. We also have several "Howards" and "Edwards" and they also appear by searching for Ward.

However, LDSTOOLS (Android) doesn't give the same results. The same search gives me only a single "edWARD" and doesn't show the WARD family, so it would seem that your discovery has some merit.

In addition to reporting it here, I would suggest that you make the report using the FEEDBACK link at the bottom of any page on lds.org as this will get the information directly to the team responsible.
BarryHill

Re: Quirk in LDSTools and LDS.org Directory

Post by BarryHill »

Thanks,

I will report it. I originally found the bug on LDSTools for iPad

Return to “General Discussions”