Show ages of members

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
deanikki

Show ages of members

Post by deanikki »

I am the EQ President in my ward and have printed out the assignments for each companionship.
These are routes that now have been dealt everyone on the rolls so there are many we do not even know. I would like to make it possible to see the ages of those members, but it only shows children.
The HT needs to know if those he is visiting are 30 or 90. how do we do this in MLS?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Show ages of members

Post by jdlessley »

deanikki wrote:I would like to make it possible to see the ages of those members, but it only shows children.
It is not possible to show birth dates or ages for adults in the HT reports. A custom report is necessary to get that information.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:
deanikki wrote:I would like to make it possible to see the ages of those members, but it only shows children.
It is not possible to show birth dates or ages for adults in the HT reports. A custom report is necessary to get that information.
I would be careful about giving exact ages anyway. That's sensitive information, both because some people are sensitive about other's knowing their ages and because birth dates are sometimes partly used to identify a person. There's a reason they aren't included on the pre-made HT reports.

If you feel you need to give some information about adult ages, it may be more appropriate to give a general age range rather than an exact age.
jirp

Post by jirp »

From the rolls and lists section your clerk or bishopric can print ages with any of those reports. But mostly it should NOT leave the clerks office. You should be able to work with them to get access. But I suggest simply listing rough ages people for HT and that the actual ages never leave the office.
deanikki

Post by deanikki »

Thanks for the input on this. I do want to mention a few things and ask for some more help. I am in Norway and the culture here is not as clandestine as the USA. The age, address, and even last yr salary is easily available to anyone here. So having a confidential report used only by HT that shows an age is not as dangerous as other places. I guess I don't understand why it is secret when it can be printed off on other reports. Our Stake IT guy said it was (or he thought is was) just a setting that the bishop can turn on since it is off by default, but he could not remember where that was. I guess if we don't know where that is, is there a tutorial on how to create a report, so I can create one that does the exact same thing as normal report but adds ages? And While we are on the topic of tutorials: Is it possible to make a report that I can keep track of HT interview and PPI interviews to send to stake with the monthly reporting since that is asked for every time? I think that should be kept in the secure system like MLS instead of my google docs. Right?
Thanks,
Mack

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”