New Quarterly Report for 2014

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: New Quarterly Report for 2014

Post by sbradshaw »

As stated earlier in the thread,
scgallafent wrote:The plan is for that information to be sent from FamilySearch.
So, if I understand correctly, clerks won't have to worry about gathering that information; it will be filled in automatically.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

DennisML wrote:The first quarterly report is coming due in a very few weeks. Generally the statistics for attendance and such is only reported for the last month in the quarter. I have yet to be able to find information on the youth, adults, and converts who submit names to the temples. Should we be gathering this information for the month of March? Will this information be automatically populated.
It will be populated automatically from church and Family Search records. There is no need to gather this information from members.
DennisML wrote:I find it surprising there is so little "official" information regarding this part of the new form.
The official letter referenced in the previous post has considerable information including the statement that clerks do not have to gather or enter any new information. That seems to cover it to me.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

DennisML wrote:The first quarterly report is coming due in a very few weeks. Generally the statistics for attendance and such is only reported for the last month in the quarter. I have yet to be able to find information on the youth, adults, and converts who submit names to the temples. Should we be gathering this information for the month of March? Will this information be automatically populated. I find it surprising there is so little "official" information regarding this part of the new form.
As noted a few times in this discussion, the official letter dated 1 Feb 2014 makes it quite clear that clerks don't have to collect any of this information. The information will be automatically populated. Since you were "officially" told that you don't have to do any work to gather the information, I think that explains why there are no further details -- none are needed.
jason@millettlawoffice.com

Post by jason@millettlawoffice.com »

I am a new clerk trying to come up to speed and learning about the new Quarterly Report. When I access our Quarterly Report, whether by MLS or on the Church website, it is not the report described by the new instructions. I do not see the "Indicators of Church Growth" section, or the "1 year" and "5 year" columns. It just looks like what must be the 'old' report. The year selection menu does not allow me to choose 2014; it only goes through 2013. Can anyone advise?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jason@millettlawoffice.com wrote:The year selection menu does not allow me to choose 2014; it only goes through 2013. Can anyone advise?
From this post, you won't see anything until April.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jason@millettlawoffice.com

Post by jason@millettlawoffice.com »

Is the same true for the tools on the church website?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jason@millettlawoffice.com wrote:Is the same true for the tools on the church website?
Yes. The new report will be available April 1st on Clerk Resources.
courthill

Post by courthill »

As of April 1 we were able to view the auto populated statistical report for "Adults and youth who submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances". As far as I am aware there are two ways to submit names: 1. Print name with selected ordinance(s) from Family Search and hand carry to temple then submit at temple office, or 2. Submit to temple entry system in Family Search. Are there any other ways or are these two ways the only way to submit? Is this statistic only for the last month of the quarter or the full quarter? Why do the numbers appear much lower then expected? Can anyone provide more insight into how this statistic is being recorded?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The following information must be collected by the ward clerks, and is not automatically populated:
CONVERTS (PAST 12 MONTHS)
22 Converts attending at least one sacrament meeting last month
23 Converts age 12 and older assigned a Church responsibility or calling
24 Convert males age 12 and older ordained to appropriate priesthood office
25 Converts age 12 and older who have submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

drepouille wrote:The following information must be collected by the ward clerks, and is not automatically populated:
CONVERTS (PAST 12 MONTHS)
22 Converts attending at least one sacrament meeting last month
23 Converts age 12 and older assigned a Church responsibility or calling
24 Convert males age 12 and older ordained to appropriate priesthood office
25 Converts age 12 and older who have submitted ancestor names for temple ordinances
I thought lines 24 & 25 were completed automatically, that is what it says on LDS.org. Do you know it isn't filling those bits in?

Return to “Reports and Forms”