Starting a missionaries account

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
MVclerk-p40

Starting a missionaries account

Post by MVclerk-p40 »

We have just sent a young man from our branch to MTC. How do I set up an account so that his relatives donations will go towards his mission fund? I've looked through MLS and haven't found anything pertaining to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
opee

Post by opee »

MVclerk wrote:How do I set up an account so that his relatives donations will go towards his mission fund?

Church HQ will automatically take the $400 from your Branch Missionary Fund. (Donations for the missionary should be paid on the Tithing Slip to "Ward Missionary".) Within MLS, you can create a subaccount for the Ward Missionary to be the Elder's name. That way it is easier to assign the money to a particular missionary when you get a donation for him, and you know what the "balance" is.

The details are found in MLS, under Help -> Help; Inside the Help Window, look for: MLS Help -> Financial Policies -> Missionary Financial Support.
jwnice

Missionary $$$

Post by jwnice »

In addition to making sure that the donation for the missionary go into his specific account, make sure that you deduct the missionary funds every month from his account. We have several missionaries out, and it sure helps to keep things straight.

Bro Nice
Sandy River Ward

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”