lists of part member families

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aetaber

lists of part member families

Post by aetaber »

Any tips out there on setting up a good query to get a list of part-member families out of MLS? Trying to get us beyond the analog method of printing out a directory and circling names of families for the missionaries. I tried making a custom report, but couldn't find the right parameters (tried messing around with "Is not Married", "has kids", etc but never quite got it to include those I wanted and exclude those I didn't.

Any tips?

Alan Taber
Moorestown Ward
Cherry Hill, NJ Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: lists of part member families

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rscroggin

Re: lists of part member families

Post by rscroggin »

I believe this will work to get a list of part-member families in your unit using the Custom Report capability of MLS. Use the following three criteria for selecting part-member families:

Attribute 1: Confirmation Date Compare Operation 1: has a value Value 1 is not used
Attribute 2: Marriage Status Compare Operation 2: is Value 2: Married
Attribute 3: Member Status Compare Operation 3: is not Value 3: Spouse is Member

The first attribute filters out all of the "official" members in MLS.
The second attribute filters out only the official members that are married.
The third attribute filters out all of the official married members whose spouse isn't a member.
Attachments
pmf criteria.jpg
Selection criteria in MLS for part-member familes
(33.16 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

Return to “Membership Help”