Calendar and Roles by Name

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
reidwpoole

Re: Calendar and Roles by Name

Post by reidwpoole »

I am unable to add them by name. They all have the MLS standard ward calling of Scheduler but I also can't add to a stake calendar by ward calling as noted. In the stake MLS I added standard callings of Scheduler for them and now I can add them as calendar editors by calling or by name. Seems the comment that editors of a stake calendar must have a stake calling is correct. I have had the bishops in the stake as editors of this stake calendar for their convenience but I don't see a good way to get them back.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Just to add: You shouldn't have trouble adding them by name. Perhaps there's a issue if they are a out-of-unit member.
I think you've forgotten the earlier parts of this conversation. See this post, in particular, by one russellhltn, that makes it clear that there is indeed "trouble adding them by name."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

reidwpoole wrote:I am unable to add them by name. ... I have had the bishops in the stake as editors of this stake calendar for their convenience but I don't see a good way to get them back.
I can't duplicate that. I have no problems finding bishops and adding them by name. Where does that get stuck?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
reidwpoole wrote:I am unable to add them by name. ... I have had the bishops in the stake as editors of this stake calendar for their convenience but I don't see a good way to get them back.
I can't duplicate that. I have no problems finding bishops and adding them by name. Where does that get stuck?
Are you sure? I most certainly can't do that. Here are my steps:
  1. In the Calendar, go to Settings > Calendars
  2. Click on a calendar to edit its properties
  3. In the Viewers/Editors section, click the "Add new permission" link on the right
  4. Change the "By calling" dropdown to "By name"
  5. Pick the name of a person (a bishop, to use your example)
  6. Click the Add button
  7. The person will appear in the list, giving you the impression that this is going to work.
  8. Click the Save button; again, there is no error message, so you assume it worked.
  9. Click on the calendar's name again.
  10. The name you just added to the list of editors is NOT there. Your work was not saved.
If you think it's working, I think you're stopping this process somewhere before step 9.

Or you're picking someone by name who happens to have a stake calling. As near as I can tell, anyone with any kind of standard stake calling can be added by name and it does save.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:If you think it's working, I think you're stopping this process somewhere before step 9.
You're right. Last I knew, adding an editor triggered an email. I didn't want to complete the process and cause confusion.

Edit: Clearly I have a short memory. I forwarded that problem to the developers on the 3rd.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gsgentry

Post by gsgentry »

I am also having trouble adding Viewers/Editors to a specific calendar. When I go to "save" my entry the progress screen just whorled and stays on the screen until I exit the screen. I used two different browsers ( Chrome and Firefox) and get the same results each time.

That calendar's Viewers/Editors did not update.

It's just not working today. I'd like to tell those who requested the addition something.
I've added Viewers/Editors a million and one times before. Need a little help please. I will continue to try during the course of the day and longer if needed.

Thanks

geoff
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gsgentry wrote:I am also having trouble adding Viewers/Editors to a specific calendar.
How are you adding them? This discussion deals with problems when viewers or editors are added to a stake calendar by name. In that case, the system simply doesn't save them. But you seem to be reporting a different system -- a spinner that doesn't go away. If so, you might be dealing with a different issue, but without understanding what steps you are doing, it's hard to say.
waden

Post by waden »

This function is still not functional. I am able to add stake leaders by name and by calling as viewers and viewers/editors to stake public and stake private calendars. I follow the correct process for adding non-stake leaders to a stake calendar - public or private - by name (only option available) and save.

When the calendar is re-opened, the name of the added viewer/editor has not saved.

Also had the continuous spinner problem. It seems to have gone away.
ironhorse2004

Post by ironhorse2004 »

Will the option be availed to add by ward calling such as Ward 1 bishop and ward 2 bishop rather than adding them as individuals?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ironhorse2004 wrote:Will the option be availed to add by ward calling such as Ward 1 bishop and ward 2 bishop rather than adding them as individuals?
That would be convenient – you should send it as feedback.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”