Can't change member records

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bballrob

Can't change member records

Post by bballrob »

When trying to view a member record, I get a error Andy ant view or change it. I am the bishop, and my clerk gets the same error.

Anyone else experiencing this today?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Can't change member records

Post by jdlessley »

There are two possible causes for the problem. The first is database corruption and the the other is a problem with the installation of MLS. Database corruption should be fixed by doing a unit data refresh. A problem with the installation of MLS can be corrected by installing MLS on top of the current installation using the installer downloaded from the RKATS site.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

bballrob wrote:When trying to view a member record, I get a error Andy ant view or change it. I am the bishop, and my clerk gets the same error.
Any member records or a specific record?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I had a similar thing happen to me on the stake MLS last week. I was doing a test to see if MLS could establish a dialup connection. As usual, the whole system froze, and I had to cycle the power. The next time I got into MLS, I could not open any individual membership records. It looked like I had corrupted the database. So I requested a membership refresh, and everything appears to be fixed now.
So I would also ask the question, "Any member records or a specific record?"
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

This was happening when trying to access any member record. I was out if town for a week and it still didn't get fixed,so I called MLS support today and we ended up restoring from a backup from June 10. But we are back up and running and my assistant ward clerk is working on reentering information since that date right now.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”