Clerk functions on the web

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
kholt78@msn.com

Clerk functions on the web

Post by kholt78@msn.com »

Moving access to clerk functions to the web is great.
When will addresses and phone numbers for members be made available here?

Kelly Holt
Alpine YSA Stake Assistant Clerk.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Clerk functions on the web

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I split this question from the topic Online membership different than MLS membership because it deals with a different issue.]
kholt78@msn.com wrote:Moving access to clerk functions to the web is great.
When will addresses and phone numbers for members be made available here?
What do you mean by "here"? All members of your stake can already see all the addresses and phone numbers for members of your stake on the Directory (subject to privacy settings, of course).

And as an assistant stake clerk, you can use Leader and Clerk Resources to look up any member and see their addresses and phone numbers.

So what you're asking for seems to be already available, unless you're asking about a way to look up members outside your stake. But I doubt that will ever be available, given the Church's concerns about respecting privacy laws. Or am I misunderstanding what you're asking?
johnshaw

Re: Clerk functions on the web

Post by johnshaw »

I'm sure I don't understand the question....

Have you looked at https://www.lds.org/directory/ That is the online members lists for MLS data. members can see their own wards, and have a bit less access to the stake and other wards in the stake.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”