Next Revision Unit Web Sites Wish List

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

I'd like to be able to search the calendar for things like my ward abbreviation, court of honor, sealing assignments, etc. without having to muddle through other information.

It would be nice to export to Excel, too.
SingerGuy

Post by SingerGuy »

kh_design wrote:Stake and Ward Web Sites’ Leadership Directory updated automatically from what is entered in the MLS organizations.

This has likely been requested many times.
..and should be quoted again every few months for added emphasis!:)
fergie34-p40

Post by fergie34-p40 »

macsense wrote:I'm envisioning a modular LUWS 2.0 where the ward admin can turn on sections for various auxiliaries as requested. Let's say the RS wants to really go all out with their information on the web site. The ward admin can turn on the RS section in LUWS 2.0 and then turn on different aspects of the RS section as requested such as RS leadership, RS calendar, RS news & downloads, RS email lists, etc. When someone enters an event in the RS calendar, they have the option of having it show up on the main ward calendar as well. Same with news & information. Each auxiliary would have their own admin(s) for their section.

If the EQ doesn't want to participate right now, their section isn't turned on by the ward admin and therefore a link for it doesn't show up on the ward home page.

The same would go for the stake web site as well for various auxiliaries. The stake admin can turn on sections for stake auxiliaries.

I have to second this one. I would also like to see this done for the youth organizations (Priests, Teachers, Deacons, Mai Maids, Laurels, and Beehives) It would be nice if the Presidents could post or at least the Presidents of YM/YW (with proper priesthood approval).
Robert Ferguson
South Shore Ward, Plainview New York Stake
mprusse

Mobile version

Post by mprusse »

With more people getting mobile phones with internet access, it would be very helpful to have the membership list portion of the ward web site in a mobile format.
grhart-p40

LDSOSS suggestions wiki

Post by grhart-p40 »

Lest anyone forget about this humble collection of suggestions:

http://ldsoss.org/index.php/Suggestions ... d_Websites
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

grhart wrote:Lest anyone forget about this humble collection of suggestions:

http://ldsoss.org/index.php/Suggestions ... d_Websites

Is this yet another web site we (clerks and STSs) need to be registered to use?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:Is this yet another web site we (clerks and STSs) need to be registered to use?

LDSOSS is not an official Church web site. It does have some helpful information, which you can see without registering. But if you want to contribute, you do have to register.

By no means should you feel any responsibility or burden because of the existence of LDSOSS. If you would like to use it, go ahead, but I think the community here at LDS Tech is much more active, plus you have the added bonus of Church sponsorship, participation by Church employees, and active moderation by both volunteers and Church employees.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Is this yet another web site we (clerks and STSs) need to be registered to use?
LDSOSS is aimed more at programmers.
rsmith06

Collaboration Section

Post by rsmith06 »

Collaboration has been discussed a bit with regards to development teams and other aspects of Church technology but not directly related to local unit leadership (at least not that I'm aware of). I'm the membership clerk in my ward and find it difficult to always keep up on all the happenings or initiatives the bishop wants to tackle (its easier for me if there is a common reference for everyone involved). It would be great to have a secured section of the LUWS that is only available to ward leadership and their support. That way, all the leaders can see the current and outstanding issue/initiatives and all work together even if they all don't attend the same meetings. Something similar to Google Sites or SharePoint (but maybe not as robust as SharePoint) would work well (low barriers to contribution and accessibility by the correct people are the keys). If the Church created a site template and hosted the site, information security could be controlled as well as creating advanced functionality between existing systems and the site.

What are everyone's thoughts?
Rob
Elders Quorum Secretary
Formerly Assistant Ward Clerk (Membership)
techgy
Community Moderators

Administrator Access to User Email

Post by techgy »

It would be extremely handy if the administrator had access to a users account and was able to update the Email address of a member. This would make it easier to eliminate the number of Email bounces that occur when members forget to change their Email address. The administrator could simply contact the member on the phone, obtain the new Email address and make the change.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”