three bar icon on top left

For community testing of Calender releases.
dwsmith2

three bar icon on top left

Post by dwsmith2 »

The icon with three bars on the top left of the menu doesn't do what I expect. In other computer programs, the three bar icon indicates a dropdown menu for settings. But in this calendar, the three bars means expand to see the calendar subscription view. That doesn't jive with other programs.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: three bar icon on top left

Post by russellhltn »

Yeah, I'd expect the 3 bar to do what the gear icon does.

We've discussed in another thread about how the >> and << buttons are used to access subscriptions. I'd think if we're to be consistent, we'd use the same icon to hide them all together. So clicking on a << in normal view will close it all the way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: three bar icon on top left

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Yeah, I'd expect the 3 bar to do what the gear icon does.

We've discussed in another thread about how the >> and << buttons are used to access subscriptions. I'd think if we're to be consistent, we'd use the same icon to hide them all together. So clicking on a << in normal view will close it all the way.
I agree; I too was surprised at what the 3-bar icon actually does in the beta calendar.

In many web sites (Google News is an example), the >> icon is used in many places to show expansion is an option (and it may even point downward), and the << icon is used to show that collapsing is an option (and it may even point upward). Where the icon is placed tells the user what element will be expanded or collapsed. Let's be consistent in the Calendar app as well.

Return to “Beta Calendar”