Event Editing: Select Calendar

For community testing of Calender releases.
Tiganita

Event Editing: Select Calendar

Post by Tiganita »

Hello,

choosing a calendar should only be enabled for those I have permissions.
Also the "locations/wards/branches" should be hidden.
I am stake executive secretary and able to choose all calendars in the stake.

Regards
tiganita
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Event Editing: Select Calendar

Post by aebrown »

Tiganita wrote:choosing a calendar should only be enabled for those I have permissions.
I am stake executive secretary and able to choose all calendars in the stake.
I don't understand what you are reporting here. If you are the stake executive secretary, then it is correct that you should be able to see all the calendars in the stake. Are you saying that you are seeing some calendars that you think you should not, or that you can't see some calendars that you should be able to see?

Are you looking at the list of your subscribed calendars, or have you expanded the list (using the << button in the upper right corner of the calendar list) to see the list of all calendars that you are allowed to subscribe to?
Tiganita wrote:Also the "locations/wards/branches" should be hidden.
In what conditions do you think those elements should be hidden?
Tiganita

Post by Tiganita »

Hello,

sorry if I didn't explain myself well.
2014-10-23 18_58_17-Home - Ward and Stake Calendar.png
2014-10-23 18_58_17-Home - Ward and Stake Calendar.png (15.91 KiB) Viewed 8181 times
Here you can see I am able to select not only stake-wide calendars (they are further down) but also ward calendars.
Maybe I'm mistaken or it's a new feature but I think I shouldn't be able to add Events to those?!

[Edit]
About the other issue:
Changing the radio button to "No facility" the rooms are still visible. I think they shouldn't anymore.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Tiganita wrote:Here you can see I am able to select not only stake-wide calendars (they are further down) but also ward calendars.
Maybe I'm mistaken or it's a new feature but I think I shouldn't be able to add Events to those?!
Good point (...und vielen Dank für die Erklärung!). Stake leaders are supposed to have the option to subscribe to ward calendars, but I agree with you that it doesn't sound right that they should be able to add events to them. If that is intended to be a new feature, it seems like it should be mentioned prominently in the release notes; personally, I think it gives too much power to stake leaders.
Tiganita wrote:Changing the radio button to "No facility" the rooms are still visible. I think they shouldn't anymore.
You mentioned "locations/wards/branches", which didn't sound like the same issue to me (that issue deals with facilities, not locations/wards/branches). But in any case, you reported that issue in your post Event Editing: Other/No Facility, so any discussion of that issue should be done in that topic, not this one.

Return to “Beta Calendar”