Google calendar does not reflect calendar selections

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
porterjl

Google calendar does not reflect calendar selections

Post by porterjl »

I sync my phone using google calendar. However, the google calendar shows all calendar items for any of the LDS calendars I am subscribed to. I would like it to only show me calendar items for calendars I have selected in LDS.org. I work in a YSA ward as an out of unit leader. I only want to see calendar items for that ward. However, even though I unselected all calendars for my home ward and stake, I still see them in LDS Tools on my phone. Suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Google calendar does not reflect calendar selections

Post by russellhltn »

That's the way it works. The main page selection has no effect on what is synced. For that, you need to unsubscribe. I wish it weren't so - that there was a way to limit what is synced but still view all on lds.org. As it stands now, I have to change my subscription every time I want to see everything on lds.org and then change it back to what I want synced to my device when I'm done. As Scrooge would say - humbug.

One thing you can do is use LDS Tools. It allows you to select what calendar is visible in Tools, but it's also limited to what you've subscribed to. It is also dependent on you syncing as needed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gjohnson2

Post by gjohnson2 »

I have this same problem and it's 2015. Will there ever be a fix for this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gjohnson2 wrote:I have this same problem and it's 2015. Will there ever be a fix for this?
By design, Google calendar will follow your subscriptions, not your selections. As such, it's not broken. It may not work the way you want it to, but it's not broken.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”