Updating journal on iPhone

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
AlanAnderson

Updating journal on iPhone

Post by AlanAnderson »

While on my mission, I would update my study journal daily, all the while indexing each entry based on the topic it best covered so that I could reference it easily for further study. Not only would I include scriptures, but also epiphanies, personal experiences, and things I would hear in meetings (sacrament, presidency, conference, ect). I started this about halfway through my mission, and ended with three, 200 page notebooks full of carefully indexed entries.

When I came home, I figured that I could simply update an electronic journal on the Gospel Library app from my iPhone, and simply tag each entry I made based on the topic it best covered, thus dispensing the need of an index, and really improving my study tools by having all of my personal study topics in one, easily accessible place rather than being separated into separate notebooks.

However, I can't seem to even access my journal from my iPhone, let alone create a new entry to update and tag. I have my iPhone on me more than my laptop, and I really prefer doing my scripture study on my iPhone as opposed to my laptop due to my iPhone being much easier to carry with me than my laptop. As you can imagine this creates a big problem for me.

Am I missing something, or is the journal feature simply not available for the iPhone?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Updating journal on iPhone

Post by sbradshaw »

Journals/notes are available under Library > Notes > Study (in Gospel Library for iOS).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
AlanAnderson

Re: Updating journal on iPhone

Post by AlanAnderson »

That helps me access my journal entries (in a way), but the main thing that I'm looking for is if there is a way to update my journal from the Gospel Library app on my iPhone, and how if there is. Is there a way to do that?

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”