Android development: No peer certificate

Discussions around Mobile Development
marbletravis

Android development: No peer certificate

Post by marbletravis »

I am tinkering with android development and am trying to make a call to authenticate with the LDS tools API.

When I make the call to sign in (https://signin.lds.org/login.html) I get a no peer certificate exception.

Some researching on the web says this has more to do with the server than with the code, has anyone else had any issues?

Travis
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Android development: No peer certificate

Post by russellhltn »

Please note that the API is only for programs authorized by the church.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marbletravis

Post by marbletravis »

Yes, is that why I can't access it?

Long story short, I am experimenting with functionality to make contact information available to the android contacts service to make it easier to send texts/call people without going through LDS tools. I am just wanting to proof of concept the idea before suggesting it to either be added to LDS tools or a separate church approved app.

I can stop tinkering... If I shouldn't be.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

marbletravis wrote:Yes, is that why I can't access it?
Probably. I'm not involved in LDS Tools development but I expect there is a certificate that is built into LDS Tools when the official build is made that is needed in order to access the services. At least that's what I'd do to secure the services to only official apps.
marbletravis wrote:Long story short, I am experimenting with functionality to make contact information available to the android contacts service to make it easier to send texts/call people without going through LDS tools. I am just wanting to proof of concept the idea before suggesting it to either be added to LDS tools or a separate church approved app.

I can stop tinkering... If I shouldn't be.
If you're interested in this going into LDS Tools then I'd suggest you join the LDS Tools project and discuss it with the existing developers. I think that there is probably a test version of the services that is used for development and testing of LDS Tools. If they think it might be something that could be added then you might be able to get access to the test service and do your experimentation that way.

Return to “Mobile Development”