LDS.ORG Home Page

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
techgy
Community Moderators

LDS.ORG Home Page

Post by techgy »

The home page of lds.org is NOT opening. I've tried this on two different computers and a tablet.
Appears to be problem in SLC.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS.ORG Home Page

Post by sbradshaw »

techgy wrote:The home page of lds.org is NOT opening. I've tried this on two different computers and a tablet.
Appears to be problem in SLC.
Interesting; it works for me. Was it a temporary outage, or is it still not working?
What URL are you loading?
What browser(s) are you using?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that "lds.org" should re-direct you to "www.lds.org". That's not just semantics, that's a completely different server location. "lds.org" is hosted by the church while "www.lds.org" is hosted by a major hosting company.

Perhaps just the "lds.org" server was down. It seems to be re-directing now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

russellhltn wrote:Note that "lds.org" should re-direct you to "www.lds.org". That's not just semantics, that's a completely different server location. "lds.org" is hosted by the church while "www.lds.org" is hosted by a major hosting company.

Perhaps just the "lds.org" server was down. It seems to be re-directing now.
it's still not opening. Doesn't matter what URL is used. If I enter lds.org it redirects to http://www.lds.org.
I've also tried https://www.lds.org to no avail. I get the same result regardless as to whether I use my tablet, or two different computers.

I'll try rebooting the modem and router. However, I'm having no problems with other sites. By the way, I can open other lds.org sites with no problems.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Open a DOS Box and do a TRACERT www.lds.org
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

russellhltn wrote:Open a DOS Box and do a TRACERT http://www.lds.org
It's working now. Very strange.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you have Comcast, it may be the problem described in LDS.org not working inside firewall.

techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

russellhltn wrote:If you have Comcast, it may be the problem described in LDS.org not working inside firewall.
Nope. I'm using Time Warner. Yesterday afternoon it started working again. It was intermittent for a while then cleared up. I WAS able to login to the lds.org site by going directly to a different page than the home page (lds.org), such as the directory, calendar, etc.

This morning all's normal. Definitely weird.

Return to “Main Church Website”