Ward Website Admin...Access the LCR? Please!

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
kellymab

Re: Ward Website Admin...Access the LCR? Please!

Post by kellymab »

Geekiemommie, does you ward have the youth listed in their classes under ward organizations?
IMG_1738.JPG
(102.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Since I'm in a YSA ward, the class names show up but we have no one actually in those classes in my unit. This could be a way to verify what groups for the texts.

We have the people when they sign up physically select their groups so we have recorded that they allow us to upload their information to google. We just want to be sure people realize that it is not an official church app that sends the texts and it is completely optional. As a result we never copy the information from mls; it is given freely from the members for a specific communication tool.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

Yes, the class organizations appear.

Everyone that receives texts, has agreed to receive them from me :)
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

geekiemommie wrote: For example, do you really not expect YW leaders to store the girls' numbers in their phone to be able to text them all about a reminder for an activity?
With LDS Tools, you can create custom lists. That is how I have all my contacts sorted out. I have lists for new converts, home teaching, and ward missionaries.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

dfchamplain - I just tested texting from a List. That works awesome! Just hard to make a List of the whole RS, etc. If we could do it from online, that would be great!
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

I don't disagree with that! I wish that the lists would sync with my LDS account. Maybe in the future.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

LDS Tools does allow you to email or text all the leaders in an organization, under Callings (use the share /action sheet button). In 2.5, Callings will be renamed Organizations and will list members of the organizations in addition to the leaders. I don't know if they'll add mass email/text ability to those groups, but if they do, it will almost certainly be for the bishopric and leaders of the organization only (I could see a lot of potential spam going out if anyone could email the whole ward or a whole organization in a ward).

There's currently a limitation imposed by either iOS or the phone carrier that doesn't let you text more than a certain number of people at once (10?) though the native texting system. But email should be possible for larger groups.

Also, custom lists do sync between devices (at least on iOS).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
LegardeM

Post by LegardeM »

If you go in to the directory on Lds.org select organizations then select adults there is a link at the top right that will give you alist of all the emails for all the adults in the ward. This is available to everyone with a log in.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”