Help needed to overcome HT problem since new LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jasondavie

Re: Help needed to overcome HT problem since new LCR

Post by jasondavie »

nikk3hi3tala wrote:Can't you just put the missionaries home teaching assignments under some arbitrary home teacher (for example create a companionship with ward mission leader as the only hometeacher)? Does it matter who's name is there as long as all visits are counted?
For sure, but I'm just not a fan of a changes to a system which make it harder than the original system. I'm no software developer, but would it really be that hard to incorporate?
jasondavie

Post by jasondavie »

jdlessley wrote:
russellhltn wrote:I'd suggest creating a "Out-of-unit" record for them instead.
This will not work either. All of our out of unit leaders in our YSA branch were removed from their companionships and are not available to be added as companions. I am still researching how to get out of unit leaders to be available, but so far I've had no luck. Doing some further research in the handbooks indicates home teaching assignments are to be made in the unit in which the member's record reside. There is no provision for making home teaching assignments outside the home unit.
Sorry to hear you're having problems too :(
It appears that there were a few variables that the developers weren't aware of.
Hopefully the next release can take these things into account.
Last edited by jasondavie on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
nikk3hi3tala

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

It seems that it is possible to create a companionship without assigning any companions to it. Maybe that is the best way to tackle your problem.
jasondavie

Post by jasondavie »

Yep, thanks. It may have to do for now. It just becomes so hard to track when you have multiple missionary companionships though :(
nikk3hi3tala

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

There is one more trouble with that: I tried it and it seems that one cannot print any assignments for a companionship without any companions.
jasondavie

Post by jasondavie »

LOL! Oh well, thanks for trying!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdlessley wrote:Doing some further research in the handbooks indicates home teaching assignments are to be made in the unit in which the member's record reside.
It appears I made an inference from the handbooks in this statement. On careful review of the handbooks I found nothing that explicitly states a member's record should be in the unit in which the home teaching assignment is made.

Why there is no provision in LCR for out of unit leaders to be assigned as home teachers escapes me. This is definitely a situation that was overlooked. The same can be said for missionaries being available as HT companions since it is addressed in the handbook.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

jdlessley wrote:Why there is no provision in LCR for out of unit leaders to be assigned as home teachers escapes me. This is definitely a situation that was overlooked. The same can be said for missionaries being available as HT companions since it is addressed in the handbook.
I seem to remember a policy that out-of-unit members are to pay tithes/offerings in their home unit, and they are to serve as HT/VT in their home unit. Beyond that, they accept callings to serve in their host (adopted) unit. However, I cannot cite a reference for that policy.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jasondavie wrote:Is there a way I can let the people who created LCR know about this problem?
I'd do both:
- Give feedback from within the app.
- Inform your stake president to take up the issue with the Area Presidency. They need to be aware of things that complicates implementation of their directive.

We'll have to see which way things go. LCR might be modified, then again, maybe the directive will be rescinded or modified.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:I seem to remember a policy that out-of-unit members are to pay tithes/offerings in their home unit, and they are to serve as HT/VT in their home unit. Beyond that, they accept callings to serve in their host (adopted) unit. However, I cannot cite a reference for that policy.
You mention two items.

A member normally makes donations to the unit where their membership record resides.

Whether or not an out-of-unit member home teaches in their home unit or the temporary unit would depend more on the circumstances involved. For example, if I an helping as an out-of-unit member in a neighboring or overlay unit in a minor calling, I might be asked to continue home teaching in my home unit. But, if I am an out-of-unit member in a leadership calling, I might be involved in home teaching in the temporary unit.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”