Gospel library on blackberry without Internet

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the Gospel Library application.
garrettsmith

Gospel library on blackberry without Internet

Post by garrettsmith »

I have a blackberry with no internet connection. I can install gospel library app but cannot download the scriptures. Is there a way I can put scriptures on the app without internet on the phone?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel library on blackberry without Internet

Post by russellhltn »

Can the phone connect via WiFi? If it can, that would be the simplest way.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garrettsmith

Post by garrettsmith »

russellhltn wrote:Can the phone connect via WiFi? If it can, that would be the simplest way.
no sadly it does not or I would not have this issue.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If WiFi is not available, is there a way to use the phone's data plan to download the materials for Gospel Library? I use a different device, and am able to do that when I am not in a WiFi area. There is a setting in GL that allows it. But I do not know how GL works on a BlackBerry.
garrettsmith

Post by garrettsmith »

The issue is that I do not have a data plan or wifi to download from the phone directly
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

garrettsmith wrote:The issue is that I do not have a data plan or wifi to download from the phone directly
Have you downloaded the Gospel Library app itself? (I have to use data or WiFi to do that, even from the app store that supports my device.)

Once you download the Gospel Library app itself, the only way I know to get the manuals and other materials is through either data or WiFi. If there is another way, hopefully someone else actually using BlackBerry will weigh in to let you know how to do it.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Instructions for installing on a Blackberry without data or wifi: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Librar ... alling_App

Scroll down to the section "Sideloading the App from a computer". There is also a link below those instructions to a YouTube video showing how to do it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Based on the very last paragraph of the wiki page above, which has instructions in French, here are some translated and adapted instructions that might work for getting the scriptures data:
1) Download the .jad and .jar files from here: http://tech.lds.org/dl/gljme/english/ (I don't know what the difference is between A and AB).
2) Use BlackBerry Desktop Manager and a USB cable to copy the .jad and .jar file to the BlackBerry device's memory card.
3) In BlackBerry File Manager, select the .jad file to install the content. It may take a few seconds to install.

If you need other languages, here is the parent folder with all the content:
http://tech.lds.org/dl/gljme/

UPDATE: unzipping the files on my computer, it looks like the "AB" files only include the Book of Mormon but the "A" files include all of the standard works. You will probably want to use the GospelLibraryA.jad and GospelLibraryA.jar files to get the full standard works.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “BlackBerry Gospel Library”