Sacrament and Class Attendance

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sacrament and Class Attendance

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:I can't even... can't even imagine tracking weekly attendance
I can't either.

Now, I could imagine checking on people who aren't showing up on the other rolls. In other words, assuming that if they show up for Sunday School and/or PH/RS that they'd also be there for sacrament. (Not 100% accurate, but sufficient for spiritual purposes.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CWatsonJr

Post by CWatsonJr »

Wow... I didn't think I would stir the pot so much.

I am keeping track of names and the bishopric uses this report for shepherding purposes. The handbook of instructions tells us (as clerks) to give sacrament attendance reports to the bishop but it does not say how detailed the report is or is not to be. My bishop has asked for this information so I am providing it to him.

We have a small ward (less than 300 members) and the attendance of members is usually below 90. Our visitors and investigators usually brings the attendance above 100. This is a very easy task with such a small ward but I don't think it would be that much more work in a larger ward. I am not using LCR for this but I am using the LDS tools list option where all I have to do is touch a radio button to indicate they are there. When it comes to a family, I know whether the whole family is there or not so it makes it pretty easy to go through the list and then the app counts it for me. It is much more work to document the investigators and visitors. One thing that is really good - I have gotten to know each investigator and when we have visitors, I will get their names so the bishop will have that.

There is nothing in the handbook that prohibits this and if my bishop wants the information, I will follow my leader.
rfolsom

Post by rfolsom »

Is there a place in the system to record weekly sacrament meeting attendance count? or is this number only input at the time of the quarterly report? (and in the mean time clerk keeps a separate record of weekly attendance outside of the systme?)
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rfolsom wrote:Is there a place in the system to record weekly sacrament meeting attendance count? or is this number only input at the time of the quarterly report? (and in the mean time clerk keeps a separate record of weekly attendance outside of the systme?)
The only place to record sacrament meeting attendance is in the quarterly report.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”