LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
wadelowder

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by wadelowder »

Sounds like there is more going on than what has been stated above, making sure you are subscribed checking spam folders, being patient while email is sent. I have been working on trying to understand what is going on for a year now, about the time this started to occur.

1. Ward member and I used to get Calendar email reminder on a regular basis about a year ago now, but do not now (the reminders are scheduled and people are subscribed to the appropriate calendars)
2. It briefly seemed to work when a new admin was added to the calendar (about 4 months ago), and it worked for about a week. I did not change any setting just added the new admin.
3. If waiting for a reminder to come through is the case how come I do not have any issue with other email, just from the calendars and I have been waiting of a year now on some of the reminders (not just hours or days).
4. I am pretty sure there is some issue with a church server or some program update that happened about a year ago.

I would really like to get the calendar reminders working again.
wadelowder

Post by wadelowder »

Did not read the last couple of pages of comments. I see it is being worked on to some extent. Thanks
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

No email for new event just added. Any ETA?
rfrye

Post by rfrye »

Doesn't work in our stake as well. Hasn't worked for a while. Is this something that is being fixed? It was great when it worked.
jsuddsjr

Post by jsuddsjr »

I am actually glad that it doesn't work. I occasionally forget to select the Bishopric calendar, and instead the announcement of the DI Referral appointment goes to the "default" calendar -- aka, Ward Activities. I would hate it if the entire ward showed up at the bishop's office on Wed at 7 PM.
amyelaine

Post by amyelaine »

CrockettDR wrote:Notifications going out is still a known problem. It works for many units but doesn't for others. The fix invovles a couple systems and we hope to have it addressed during this month (April).
It is the end of June 2015 & this still doesn't work for our unit. Any ETA on when calendar notification might be updated? Does anyone know when the next release is scheduled to come out?
cavalierrs

Post by cavalierrs »

I am curious as well. This has been going on sporadically for over a year now.
ram_morgan

Post by ram_morgan »

Just tied to send a notification from our calendar and it is still not working. It has not been working since the first of the year. When will an update be available to fix this problem.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Based on how long it's been, it must not be high on the list of priorities for development right now – there are many projects and few developers. At this point it is best to assume that it will not be fixed and find another solution for notifications that will work in your ward or stake.

If/when it is fixed, it will be a pleasant surprise, but there have been no indications that developers are currently working on it, therefore there is no estimated time of arrival.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jimsuva

Post by jimsuva »

It still does not work. We have tried several times.

Return to “Calendar”