New interactive Duty to God tracking site

Discussions about other Church websites
GrasseDD

Re: New interactive Duty to God tracking site

Post by GrasseDD »

Gary_Miller wrote: You can see an overview at this location.

https://www.lds.org/young-men/duty-to-god?lang=eng

All it takes is being familiar with the program, interaction with the youth to see where they are(I think they call it a Scoutmasters Conference), and the youth planning the activities (Its called Quorum Presidency Meeting). I know I make it sound simple, but it really is simple all the leader needs to do learns the YM program (which include DTG and Scouting), and help the youth leaders magnify their calling. That's why the calling is called a YMs adviser.

A little off subject but I feel it all goes hand in hand and if you don't treat it that way the program will fail.
I really agree. As a follow-up to my post earlier, I've had some more time to work with the YM and DtG. And, as I suspected, there is nothing to track--as far as a list or progression of requirements. Quorum meetings and conversations with leaders is how this works.

As a tangent, there is one item of Church technology that is very helpful for us. Most all our YM have phones or handheld devices, and prefer to use them as their Sunday scriptures. When we meet with them, we make sure they have the latest update of Gospel Library, and download--at least--the scriptures, For the Strength of Youth, True to the Faith, Come Follow Me, and Duty to God. They'll often forget to bring their DtG booklet, but they rarely forget to bring their phone. In class, when there is a principle that relates to DtG, we break them out and type in our thoughts. Because GL saves the annotations, it's safer than an easy-to-lose booklet, and it's with them (almost) always.
Now, it would be even better if the DtG comments in GL were synced with the lds.org online study notebook (odd it isn't).
scl32

Post by scl32 »

Any updates on this feature? I'm a young men's president, and would like to be able to monitor the progress on the young men in our ward.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scl32 wrote:Any updates on this feature? I'm a young men's president, and would like to be able to monitor the progress on the young men in our ward.
We haven't heard any updates, or if anything is even being done to add tracking capabilities. See this post for an informative response from about a year and a half ago.
rellis2

Post by rellis2 »

Any update? I'm an adult leader for YM.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rellis2 wrote:Any update? I'm an adult leader for YM.
As indicated in this post, we have never received any information from the Church that such a feature is even planned, so there's nothing to update.

Return to “Other Websites”