Branch Web site within a Mission

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
paulstreet

Branch Web site within a Mission

Post by paulstreet »

I recently moved to a lovely small Branch that's not part of a district or stake, but part of the Mission.

Is it possible for us to have a LUWS as our Branch boundaries are fairly large and it would really help getting our Members some information - who do we talk to to get this set up?

Thanks
Paul
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

If this branch is in the US, then I would think it is setup automatically for you. What happens if you use the meeting house locater to find your branch? If it has a web site already, the branch info will be hyperlinked.

Tom
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Streetp wrote:I recently moved to a lovely small Branch that's not part of a district or stake, but part of the Mission.

Is it possible for us to have a LUWS as our Branch boundaries are fairly large and it would really help getting our Members some information - who do we talk to to get this set up?

When you are part of a stake, the decision of whether or not to participate in the LUWS program is made at the stake level -- all wards and branches in the stake participate, or none do.

For a branch that is not even part of a stake, I assume the decision is made at the mission level. As tomw said, you should check first to see if the site already exists. If it does, there should be a site administrator at the mission level that can set someone up in your branch as a branch administrator.

If not, then I imagine the mission president would need to authorize the branches in the mission to have local unit websites.
dobrichelovek

Activating the Stake/Mission sites

Post by dobrichelovek »

A number of years ago, our sole Stake administrator left the stake and the Stake authorization was discontinued automatically. I asked around the stake to see if they would reinstate it, but nobody knew how. My training as a missionary kicked in and I called CHQ to find out the process to get it turned back on. I was not authorized to do it, but I was able to provide the information to the correct individuals in the stake who were able to get the Stake President in touch with the right people and authorize a new Stake administrator. We now have many backup administrators.

Suffice it to say, that if your stake/mission is in the proper region (under the current roll-out of unit websites) and wants to be involved (up to the Stake/Mission president) but doesn't know the process, then someone should be able to help them know how to do it. Phone numbers and e-mail addresses shouldn't be posted here I am guessing, but I think that a Feedback e-mail on the LUWS site might elicit the proper response for those who need the right information.

If you are not in the proper region for the current roll-out, have hope, as they have at least informally started the process on the new version that will be designed and intended to service all units worldwide. I don't have any information on the when, but it is at least moving forward, which is better than I could say last year.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Paul, I used your location on the maps page. Apparently there is a web page, but it's not activated. I'd follow what others have suggested and talk to your Mission President.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”