lds.org website

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
harddrive

lds.org website

Post by harddrive »

Today, I was informed that www.lds.org wasn't coming up on the clerk computers. I checked it out and sure enough I wasn't able to get www.lds.org.

I tried different browsers and I get the same results. I'm wondering if others are having the same issue.

I have rebooted the computer and still have the same issue. I also can't get to it on my phone using my browser there. I haven't done any further troubleshooting.

If I go off the local network and use 4G I get to the website. So I'm wondering if the firewall is blocking. When I get a connection reset that usually tells me that something is blocking us.

Look forward to replies.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: lds.org website

Post by aebrown »

This sounds like the problem reported in LDS.org not working inside firewall. See in particular this post, which contains a possible workaround involving editing the hosts file. The workaround is not a great solution for many computers, but if it works, it would at least narrow the scope of the problem.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

I was able to get on just fine today using both chrome and Firefox.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

We started having this problem in one of our buildings again as well. Very frustrating.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”